Just the beginning

I opened the door, it gave a harsh creek. The place looks like it's been deserted for long, unvisited by any living creature. The walls are painted with bizarre symbols and there are handprints with blood. Goodness gracious! On the cupboard there are jars with human organs.

As I continued to explore the temple, I reached a room where there's a huge statue of a rather strange looking creature

As I continued to explore the temple, I reached a room where there's a huge statue of a rather strange looking creature. I guess, this is where the sacrifices are given. My eyes accidentally land on the shelf where dusty, huge books rest. Most of them are eaten by termites, except the one, which looks untouched.

Suddenly, I hear a choir playing from a room on the first floor. The volume gradually started inreasing, now the whole building echoes the choir. There's something so unusual and scary in the melody. I covered my mouth with my hand and started carefully taking small breaths. I got behind the cupboard and crouched, covering my ears tightly.

 I got behind the cupboard and crouched, covering my ears tightly

After a few minutes, I witnessed a complete silence. Maybe I shouldn't have touched anything. It's too late now, besides I haven't come here for solely for the visit. On my way to exit, I saw something that shook me to the core. Holy lord! It says-

" O' seeker of truth, providence blesses with nothing but the endurance. The bliss lies in the evil, let the evil show you the real meaning of world, for it lies in betrayal of your own and the blood that you pour is the reward you have with the prince of hell."

I was completely awestruck.

"What do you think it means, Parker?"

Parker has always been good at deciphering and decoding. I'm too overwhelmed to think clearly, so he's my only hope, and I don't trust anybody else with my personal affairs.

"Hmmmm....you remember Emrin? You have a huge quotation in your office."

"Yeah buddy, it says 'work is worship', but how does it matter now."

"It matters mate, you don't put something on your wall until you believe it and need a constant reminder of it."

"Makes sense. You think the members of the cult believe they get the ultimate reward when they harm their own people?"

"Exactly. That's their core belief, their principle. You remember few years back , we were on a hunt for someone who blindly believed some stupid cult?"

"Yeah! The psycho doctor Adams who killed his own family and hid their bodies in the cold storage of his hospital. He killed himself before we got there."

"That's what they do. There are also instances where a mother killed her own son, a brother threw his sister in fire and so on."

Maybe the danger I'm fighting is far more evil. I came here with the hope of reaching the destination, now I realise I barely took a step .