25.

ღ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ღ

the triplets and phoebe went back to their place, immediately going to the living room. chris explained everything - how summer had said she loved him, how she kissed him and he had kissed her back, how millie had saw and then ran away. it hurt to talk about, but he was glad for his brothers and best friend.

the four of them spoke about the situation for a while, giving their opinions and talking about chris should do next before eventually agreeing that he should wait until monday and then try and talk to her about it in person. it was only two days, and matt, nick and phoebe felt hopeful.

chris wasn't very hopeful. millie was a nice person, but he could tell by the look on her face how much it had hurt her. it felt a like a punch to the stomach when she brought up how important the kiss was to her - her first kiss after promising she wouldn't kiss anybody except jayden. she didn't owe him anything, and she probably wouldn't want to talk to him ever again.

he also knew that there was a big chance he was going to get his ass kicked on monday. not only did chris betray millie by kissing summer, he also betrayed jayden because that was his girlfriend. jayden wasn't somebody you wanted to be on the bad side of, and chris thought he was probably on the worst side he could be.

''i'm gonna go upstairs.'' chris said suddenly, standing up.

''okay.'' nick said. ''if you need us, come find us.''

chris nodded, looking at phoebe. ''i know you're supposed to be sleeping in my room, but do you mind-''

''she can sleep in my room.'' matt replied.

he smiled lightly. ''thanks for hearing me out, guys, and being on my side.''

''always.'' phoebe said.

chris smiled again, and then went upstairs. he changed out of his costume, feeling the hurt in his heart when he put the scream mask onto his desk. he remembered how millie held hers when she saw him - loosely, sadly - like she was completely devastated.

he led in bed, staring up at the ceiling. he let his thoughts consume him for a few moments, and then he grabbed his phone, tapping onto her contact.

 he let his thoughts consume him for a few moments, and then he grabbed his phone, tapping onto her contact

i know i'm probably the last person you want
to hear from right now but i am so sorry
millie.
you don't even need to reply but i just want
you to know i'm so so sorry.
i don't even know why i did it.

neither do i

fuck
i wasn't expecting a reply

i know
i'm an idiot

no
you're perfect

if i was, you wouldn't hurt me like this