21.

ღ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ღ

''are you going to nadine's party?'' millie asked, sipping a beer and then passing it to jayden.

he took it, nodding as he drank. ''yeah, summer wants to go so i said i'll go with her.''

it had been almost a week since millie had slept in chris' bed, and the pair hadn't really been away from each other ever since. they went out on dates - sometimes for pictures, sometimes not - watched movies together, went to the mall with nick and matt. sometimes, the brunette girl had gone home, but mostly she had spent the night with chris.

whilst millie loved spending time with chris, she noticed that she hadn't saw jayden for a while except from at school, and she didn't like that. he didn't like that either, despite spending most of his time with summer and so, the duo decided to meet at their spot.

their spot was actually the roof of a tall building where the view was lit up by the city lights. they only knew about it because of jayden - he had worked as a waiter for a year and, one slow shift, managed to find a way onto the roof. obviously, he had told millie about it immediately, and they never took anybody else up there.

the two of them sat on the very edge of the building, their legs swinging slowly as they spoke and shared a can of alcohol. they always did that - sat on the very edge so they could see the cars on the roads even though they looked tiny from their perspective, and they always shared the drink that jayden brought.

''are you going with chris?'' he questioned, passing the can back to her.

she took it, holding it in both hands. ''yeah.''

''you and chris are together all of the time now.'' jayden smiled lightly. ''it's cute.''

''shut up.''

''i'm serious, m-dawg. i was starting to think you weren't interested in boys.''

she rolled her eyes. ''maybe i'm not.''

''well, poor chris.'' he laughed, taking the can from her hands. as jayden drank, he glanced at his best friend. she looked kinda sad, just staring out at the city. she didn't even bother to fight him for the can, which she always did. he cleared his throat before speaking. ''mill?''

''yeah?''

''you look bummed out.''

she hesitated, and then looked at him with a sigh. ''i kinda am.''

''why?'' 

''i'm just...really confused at the minute.'' she said carefully.

''about what?''

she didn't even know how to reply. there wasn't much she could even say without giving away the entire plan. for as long as she could remember, she liked jayden. fuck that, she loved jayden and, to be honest, she still did. sitting at the top of the building sharing a drink and talking about life with him was her favourite thing in the whole world.

but chris kept invading her thoughts and she was beginning to think that, maybe, she liked him.

which she hated...obviously.

he wanted summer, and she was supposed to like jayden.

it was chris' only rule - don't fall for him... and she was kinda breaking it.

''i think i like chris.'' she admitted.

''he's your boyfriend, mill, i fucking hope you like him.''

''i know, but...'' she sighed slightly before continuing. ''basically, i really like this guy, but he's never going to like me back so i thought i'd just try with chris but now i think i actually like him, and it's fucking with me.''