20.

ღ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ღ

after hanging out, nadine and phoebe went home whilst the triplets went back to their place with millie. they stayed in the living room for a while before chris and millie went upstairs. they both changed into pajamas, brushed their teeth and then went to chris' room where he shut the door behind them.

''can we listen to music whilst i do my hair and get my make-up off and shit please?'' she asked.

''what song do you want?'' he said, grabbing the remote.

''lust by lil skies.'' she muttered, sitting at his desk and propping her mirror up in front of her. she took the make-up from her bag, realised chris hadn't replied, and turned to find him staring at her. ''what?''

''you know lil skies?''

''you do?'' she hit back.

''he's my fucking favourite rapper.''

''mine too!'' millie said excitedly. ''you like lust?''

''i love lust!'' he replied enthusiastically. 'but it's not my favourite.''

''what is?''

he thought for a moment, and then answered. ''name in the sand.''

she gasped happily. ''you have such good music taste, chris!''

''so do you!'' he answered. ''summer would never listen to skies with me-''

''literally!'' millie replied, wiping her forehead with the make-up wipe. ''jayden told me to turn it off!''

''maybe we're chasing the wrong people.'' chris laughed.

she smiled at him, and then turned back to the mirror. music filled the comfortable silence as she finished removing her make-up and brushing her hair, and then she moved towards the bed. chris moved over, and she climbed in next to him.

he turned his tv off, the music stopping abruptly, and the room was filled with darkness. it was quiet for a few moments and then he sighed.

''millie?''

''yeah?''

''i don't...i don't know if i want summer back.''

she felt her stomach tighten, but she ignored the feeling, pushing it away. ''why?''

''she was such a dick to me at the diner.''

''what did she do?''

''she was just trying to make me feel bad. she said she doesn't want to hang out with me and, when i told her i was leaving, she said you wouldn't leave... that you would pick her and jayden over me.''

millie was quiet for a minute and then she shook her head even though chris couldn't see. he heard her hair moving on the pillow though, and he smiled to himself knowing she was backing him up.

''if summer thinks i would choose her, she's delusional.'' she replied finally. ''and she only doesn't want to hang out with you because she's jealous of us which makes me fucking furious because she hurt you to be with jayden, and he's perfect, and she isn't even really into him.''

''i know, and do you remember when she said she used to wear my coat? she's never fucking wore that coat, millie, only you have.''

''i believe you.''

''but the crazy thing to me is that jayden doesn't even seem to care.''

''he probably doesn't.'' she admitted. ''he definitely likes summer, but jayden doesn't get attached to people until they earn it.''