6.

ღ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ღ

''thanks for inviting me over, nick.'' millie said as they walked through the hall. ''i would probably jump off a bridge if i had to do the math homework on my own.''

''same...i'm so fucking glad we're in the same class.'' he laughed. 

millie smiled, about to reply when she saw jayden walking towards her. he stopped, and moved his head to the left slightly, signaling that he wanted to talk to her. she sneakily pointed at nick, and he shook his head apologetically. jayden actually really liked nick - he thought he was really cool - but millie was the only person who knew his secrets, who knew everything about him.

''i need to tell jayden i'm getting a ride with you...can i meet you guys by the van?'' millie asked.

''sure.'' nick smiled. ''we'll wait for you.''

''and you're sure matt doesn't mind giving me a ride?''

nick nodded. ''phoebe will probably come to our place aswell, and chris and matt both like you, so it won't be an issue.''

the brunette girl almost rolled her eyes at the mention of his name, but she managed to hold back. she really didn't want a share a car with him, but she didn't need to talk to him. she could just focus on nick, phoebe and matt - completely ignoring his existence.

''i'll be quick.'' she said, and then hurried off down the hall. 

jayden was leaning against the wall, and he opened a classroom door when he spotted her. he checked it was clear, and then went inside. millie followed him, and shut the door behind them. he sat on a table, leaning back slightly, and she sat next to him.

''what's up?'' she asked, swinging her legs slowly. ''i'm keeping the triplets waiting, so if you're going to say something dumb, make it quick.''

''you're my best friend, mill. you won't tell anyone what i tell you.''

''obviously not.''

''not even if it's about someone?''

''jayden, it's me.'' she scoffed. ''i got your back, you got mine and that's it. that's how its worked since we started this school.''

he nodded. ''i'm scared to admit this, mill, even to you.''

for a moment, she thought he was about to confess his love for her. he was nervous, he was scared, he didn't want to admit it to her...how could it not be that? he hadn't even said it yet, and she was already blushing. what was she going to say? was she going to admit she had been in love with him for years? or would she pretend she needed to think about it? oh my god, he was going to confess-

''say it, jay.'' she said softly.

''i like summer.''

''oh, jayden, i knew you-'' she began hurriedly, and then paused as the words set in. ''summer?''

''i haven't told her, but i think i'm making it super fucking obvious, and i don't want her to stop hanging out with me because she already has a boyfriend.''

millie was quiet for a moment and then repeated. ''summer?''

''yes! i don't know what to do!''

''you...like...summer?''

''millie!''

''right.'' she mumbled, swallowing the jealously and jumping into action. ''to be honest, you are making it obvious-''

''i knew it!''

''-but i also think she likes you.''

he blinked. ''really?''