2.

ღ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ღ

school had ended, and chris was making his way to summer's locker. he had met her there everyday for almost three years, even before they were dating. he knew he was heading into town with millie, and had to meet her at nick's locker, but he wanted to check if his girlfriend wanted to go with them. 

he could see the blonde waiting at the locker, and he smiled lightly to himself. he was about to approach her when another boy arrived, and chris came to a stop when he pulled summer into a hug. he waited until they pulled away, and he realised it was jayden. now, chris didn't feel threatened by jayden, and he didn't have a problem with him hugging his girlfriend, but he did have a problem with summer's smile.

it was the same smile she gave chris.

the smile that meant she liked somebody. 

he watched for a few moments, looking at the way summer laughed at whatever he was saying, and the way jayden smirked and leaned closer to her. he was honestly thinking of just walking away, but then jayden put his hand on her arm, and he didn't like that. 

''yo, summer!'' 

both summer and jayden looked to chris, him immediately dropping his touch on her arm. chris walked over to them, and he quickly noticed the guilty looks on both of their faces. 

''hey, chris. what's up, bro?'' jayden asked.

''nothing much. what are you doing with summer?''

''just talking about homework.'' he replied. ''i thought you were meeting millie?'' 

chris tensed slightly. he recognised what had just been said, and he didn't like it. it was said like they thought he wouldn't be around, like they could spend time together without him coming to grab his girlfriend.

''i am.'' he answered, turning his attention to summer. ''you wanna come with us?''

she opened her mouth to speak, and then closed it. she looked at jayden for a second, and then back to chris. ''no, it's fine.''

chris felt his heart drop slightly. ''you're sure? i thought you liked millie?''

''i do like millie.'' she said with a nod. ''i'm just busy, babe.''

''but how are you gonna get home?''

''i can drive her.'' jayden said. ''i usually drive mill but, since she's going with you, we can swap girls.''

he really didn't like the sound of that. he knew that jayden and millie weren't an item, they had been best friends forever, and they didn't seem to like each other like that. maybe jayden didn't mean anything by swapping, but chris could see the smug look on his face. 

''i don't know about that...'' chris said, trailing off.

''oh come on, chris, he's just joking!'' summer laughed. ''it's just a ride home.''

''yeah. just a ride home.'' he repeated, pulling her into him and kissing her firmly. 

she kissed him, and then smiled lightly. ''i'll text you later.''

he nodded, shot a small smile to jayden, and then they both left. he watched them walk for a moment, and then made his way to nick's locker.

-

''i thought you weren't coming.'' millie called, noticing the brunette boy walking towards her.

chris laughed. ''and stand you up after i smashed your screen? never.''

''technically, i think we're both at fault for my phone.''

''and yet i'm paying for it?''

''we can go half?''