CHAPTER 20 LEO

LEO

I've been fighting, it seems like forever. For each one or two killed, ten or twenty more were come in. Right now, I am currently surrounded by the enemy and injured badly. Both Hades and I are so weak now that we can't even fight anymore from just being exhausted. We felt defeated; we knew we had been defeated.

Closing my eye, I pray to the Moon Goddess, to have mercy on my wolf and myself. Praying that my love, Star, will be safe and away from harm, along with everyone else. Looking up at the sky one more time before death takes me over, not being able to see anyone again.

Something was coming, looking like a big silver bullet coming my way at a fast speed.

"Oh, shit! Run!" One of the men shouted.

Next thing I knew, my mate was in from of me; I was being lifted off by Sol, with Star telling him to get me out of there. Screaming at the top of my lungs at Sol, trying to fight his grip on me trying to get out. Screaming at him that I was an Alpha and needed to put me down, now!

"I need to protect, Star, you birdbrain!" Yelling at him more.

This fucking bird, why doesn't he ever listen to me? Maybe it's the walnut brain he has and that's why he doesn't listen. I mean come on, give a guy a break. Sol looks down at me like he read my mind or something. With a big smirk on his face.

"I only obey one, you are not the one." Sol linking me, then smirking again.

All I could do was roll my eyes at him, He's my mate's soul creature. You would think that the same rules still apply with me. I should be able to fall into that category; but nope.

We land on a mountain top, with Sol landing lightly, placing me down gently, with some survivors also here. Some on them were rushing to help others out, while others were injured badly, with supplies that they had on hand. Looking out at the battlefield, all I see is dead, fighting, burning flames that rises high to the sky, killing everything in its path. I felt so weak. So, helpless.

Sol bends down looking at me, getting into my face; he knew how much I hated that shit. It was like he was trying to bird up or something to me all the time. 

Sol closes his eyes, with a single tear coming out, landing on me. The tear started to glow lightly, healing all of my injuries in a split second. I have heard and read stories, about a phoenix's tears could heal someone, but I always just thought of it to be just a story that's it. There's a reason why we have stories, so that maybe we can learn from them or to protect something that is great, maybe to not repeat the same mistakes. This damn bird proved me wrong again. Sol puts his head on mine.

"Sleep, Leo, for you will be needed when the time comes. Sleep now." Damn bird putting me to sleep with his soothing voice he has using mind-link. Letting darkness take over, I fall asleep.

STAR

"COME OUT, YOU ARE A FUCKING COWARD! COME ON, OUT, LET PLAY! WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME WITH ME ANYMORE! WHAT A FUCKING DAMN SHAME THAT IS!" Shouting at the top of my lungs.

Lowering my tone just a notch, I speak again.

"It's a damn shame, really! Keeping a girl hopes up like that, then you come in here, landing on a planet, trying to take what you want, without permission? That just considered fucking rude in my book!" Throwing my hands in the air.

"Just to let you know; that shit doesn't fly with me at alllllllll!" Saying in a singing tone.

Starting to hear an evil, sadistic, demonic laugh, that put a chill down my spine.