Chapter 2.3

Viktor spent the day in the library, where he had time to build his prototype of a nanobot gun with small explosives. This would serve to scare his friends and teachers.

After finishing the prototype, I went to test it with my mother to see if it worked. The gun, when fired, released nanobots at very low power that raced along the floor toward the target. Along the way, they had several small explosives incorporated into their organisms, causing them to explode loudly but being completely harmless. I arrived home; my mother was in the living room reading a book.

— Mother, I've finished the scare 2000 prototype. Can I try it on you? It's completely harmless. — I asserted.
— Of course, it's great that you've finished it, but let's test it in the garden — my mother said.

We both went to the garden to try it out; I needed my mother because the gun only allowed firing if the target was human, no animals or objects.

— Stand about five meters away — I suggested.
— Ready, I'm about five meters away. You say it's harmless, right? — she asked nervously.
— Completely, I'm going to shoot in five, four, three, two, one. — I counted.

The gun's shot made almost no noise, but the nanobots came out of the gun and quickly raced toward my mother, releasing bombs that made much more noise.

— It didn't turn out as bad as I expected. It lacks a bit of noise when firing, but otherwise, it's good. — I confirmed.

I said goodbye to my mother and went to my room. I spent several hours reading and looking at the manual I had written for the weapon to see where it might have failed or needed improvement. Suddenly, a familiar voice startled me. It was Lukotico, but how was it possible? He was in the other world, and if he had returned, my parents would have notified me.

I went in the direction guided by my brother's voice towards a wall with a sheet draped over it. When I removed the sheet, I saw that it was hiding a mirror with silver edges. In the mirror, a face unfamiliar to me appeared, but I recognized the voice.

— Lukotico, is that you? — I asked.
— Yes, it's me. I know you don't recognize me with this face, but I couldn't be with my appearance among the Samiz; they would have discovered me. — Lukotico said.
— How are you? — I asked.
— Well, I'm in the kingdom of the horns. A family with an elephant has taken me in, and they're showing me around the city. — he explained.
— Wait, I'll let mother know — I asserted.
— No, this must remain a secret between you and me. What I'm going to tell you may astonish you, but it's the truth. Promise not to tell anyone about this? — he asked.
— I promise. — I pledged.
— Good, let's see, where do I start? Well, you know I'm very curious by nature, right? — I nodded — So, on a normal day, I was working on the council of sages' archives when I found a document that was abnormal compared to the rest of the documents in that room. So, before they caught me, I took it and brought it home to read it quietly. I found that the council had an agreement with Luther of neutrality when we both know that the Antler are at war with the Night Whispers. So, I rushed to talk to the great sage, but when I arrived and told him what I had discovered, it made them lock me up for treason, something my parents didn't believe, and they went to try to talk to the great sage. They made an agreement that I would be exiled to the world of the Samiz with the excuse of looking for the Luminics, but knowing that I wouldn't be able to return home without the Luminics. The farewell ceremony wasn't a ceremony but a supervision to ensure I didn't tell anything to you or anyone and that the exile was carried out according to plan. Do you understand now why you can't tell parents? You would put them in danger.
— If the council and the great sage are corrupt, how is it that no one finds out? — I asked.
— They have the entire administration bribed — he affirmed.

Mother knocked on the door, saying that the snack was downstairs, and I replied that I was coming down.

— It was mother; I have to go. We'll talk. Can I call you whenever I want? — I asked.
— No, only I can call you — he asserted.
— Perfect, see you. I'm sorry you're exiled. — I said with a sad voice.
— Don't worry, and don't even think about doing the same as me. I don't want you to be locked up for treason. — he tried to console me.

Before answering, I covered the mirror with the sheet and went downstairs for a snack.