Chapter 1.5

Lukotico accompanied Francisco through the streets of that city until they reached what seemed to be a tavern. Upon entering, they noticed that a lone woman was serving all the customers at once and appeared stressed as she performed all the tasks simultaneously.

— See what I told you, she's overwhelmed, that's why she needs your help — said Francisco with concern.

— Of course — Lukotico replied.

They approached the woman, and Francisco introduced her.

— My dear, look who I found in the stable — pointing at Lukotico — his name is Lukas, and he's looking for a place to sleep and work. I've offered him a job working with you as a waiter.

— Of course, if you've approved that contract, I trust you — and addressing Lukotico, she said: — Hello, dear, I'm Barbara, and it looks like we'll be spending quite a bit of time together. It's a shame we don't have a child for you to have fun and play with, but it's okay; we'll figure out a way to have a good time. You look tired, go get some rest, and when you wake up, come help me clean. — Barbara said kindly.

— Thank you both for showing such pleasant hospitality. — Lukotico said happily.

-----------------------------------------------

In the afternoon, after waking up, Lukotico came downstairs to help, and while they worked, he asked:

— What is Thorn like?

— His father was kinder to the town; we have hope in his son.

Lukotico took note of that.

— One question, do people here behave as kindly as you do, or are they a bit unfriendly to strangers?

— It depends on who you ask, but yes, people are friendly.

— Thank you.

After working, Lukotico went out into the streets to see if he could find any clues about the whereabouts of a Luminary. After walking and talking to many neighbors for 5 hours, he returned as he had come, empty-handed. He went back to the tavern to reread the book to see if he had missed any clues, and he had. Lukotico realized that he had been walking, thinking that a Luminary would suddenly appear, and that wasn't the case. So, he decided to change his strategy. He would look for the talented and wealthy in the kingdom and interview the most humble and generous people in the realm. He had to search on both ends, but always outside the ordinary, that's where a Luminary would manifest.