005

CHAPTER FIVE
FUTURE BOYFRIEND

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

THE FOLLOWING MORNING THE PAIR OF GIRLS AWOKE TO AN EMPTY HOTEL ROOM,

the bed beside theirs neatly made aside from the clutter of extra blankets that once were makeshift beds tossed onto the end. Freya's head was pounding. If she'd had it her way, she'd have spent the rest of the day cocooned into the puffy comforter with the blinds closed.

"Do you think they're out for a smoke?" Eve asked, sitting up in the bed. She ran a hand through her raven hair and wiped at her eyes.

"Uhhh," sleep was heavy on Freya's voice. "Maybe?" Reluctantly she grabbed her phone from under her pillow, closing one eye to the brightness of her screen. She was surprised to find not one but two text messages on her phone.

ARON

7:57: Sorry to leave you both, but we
didn't want to wake you. We're recording
today, and had to get to the studio
right when they opened. We need as
much time as we can get.. Liam
likes to stall.

She chuckled, very well picturing the many ways Liam would hold them off on recording. "Actually, not likely. They had to head out to record I suppose." She typed a quick response while Eve was scrolling through her own notifications.

10:28: Best of luck! Feel free to bug us
when you have free time :)

The other text threw her off guard though. She knew she was well intoxicated last night but she was sure she would have remembered exchanging numbers. Her brows furrow as she read the contact along with the text:

FUTURE BOYFRIEND ;)

7:39: good morning gorgeous :)
hope you don't miss me too much
today

10:30: I'm sorry, who's this?

She held a sly smirk with her response and locked her phone screen to prepare to leave the hotel. She wasn't shocked to find out Liam had gotten her number but rather was curious on how he ended up in her phone under that name. She'd had heavy doubt in her mind it was Eve's doing, and surely even out of her right mind she wouldn't have been so bold with the contact. So that still left the question of how to circle in her brain.

Her phone buzzed with another text as she slid into the passenger side of Eve's Jeep. Eve slid into the driver's side shortly thereafter. Freya was buzzing with anticipation for Liam's reply, excited for the banter.

FUTURE BOYFRIEND ;)

10:31: Ouch :'( is that really a
proper response to your future
boyfriend, darling?

10:31: ooh, right! good
morning Desmond! :)

10:32: you absolutely cannot be
serious right now

10:32: oh, is this not Desmond?

10:32: :( ur mean when ur sober