Takes a Village

Murtasim was completely drenched by the time he finished bathing Meesam. Nonetheless, the task was done. He covered her in a pink towel and got her out the tub.

He could hear her little teeth jittering together as he made he way to the bed. He turned his neck to look at Meesam and gave her a small smile. She looked like adorable wrapped up like a burrito, her small curls fell on her face and her eyes were focused intently on him.

"Mere baby ko thand laag rahi hai?" He asked, though her shivering body had already given him the answer
(Is my baby cold?)

"Nai" she shook her head violently. Murtasim jerked his head back and laughed as he felt water droplets from her hair fall on him.
(No)

"Okay, but still..lets get you dressed up in some warm pjs hmm? The pink ones with the unicorns?"

He gently set her down on the bed and made his way back to the wardrobe to fetch her clothes.

And just like that, Meesam found the perfect opportunity to escape.

The second her baba turned her back on her, she rolled off the bed and began running out of the room.

Murtasim came out of the walk in closet and groaned in frustration.

The bed, which should have housed is daughter, was empty. The towel he had to carefully wrapped her in discarded on the floor.

"Meesam" he shouted after her as he made his way out of the room.

Where was she? He was only away for a few minutes. How had his little human managed to disappear with those tiny little legs of hers?

He looked around, trying to find her behind curtains, under tables but nothing.

His worry grew has the minutes passed by. His pace increased as he made his way to her favourite place..the kitchen.

Had she managed to climb down the stairs by herself?

He let out a deep breath as he finally entered.

There she was. 

Perched up on the counter top next to the fridge, wearing nothing but her diaper, trying to reach the freezer.

She stood up with her wobbly feet dangling close to the counter's edge and for the second time during the past few hours, Murtasim felt his heart drop down to his stomach.

"Meesam!" He shouted, alarmed, effectively startling her in process.

She lost her balance and slipped off the counter...only for Murtasim to catch her.

She giggled as she felt her baba catch her mid air.

"Aab samaj aata hai Waqas Chacha ka dil itna kamzoor kyu tha" he mumbled
(Know I know why Waqas Chacha had a weak heart)

Composing himself, he looked over to her tiny she-demon of a child he'd created.

"Aap kabhi ek jagha kyu nahi bhete the? Har time baba se door bhagte ho.. apne baba ke dil pe thoda reham khao bacha" he asked
(Why do you have to run away everytime baby... have some mercy on your poor baba's heart please)

"Choco?" Was all she said and looked over to the freezer

His lips curled up in a smirk as he finally understood what she had been trying to do.

"Din bher din shaitan banti ja rahe hai meri beti hmm? Mama ne mana kiya hai meetha khane se, so aaj no choco"

(You're getting naughtier by the day aren't you?... well your mama has you on a sugar ban so no chocolates for the night)