Mornings

Meerab was alot of things. A mother, a daughter, a wife.
She was alot of things, but a morning person? That she most certainly was not.

She loathed the idea of having to get up at the brink of dawn. When she was younger she had firmly believed that there was nothing in this world that could convince her to willingly wakeup at 6 in the morning.

But all that had changed when became a mother. Well it had to. Meesam seemed to be the exact replica of her father when it comes to matters like this. She was always the first one to wake up in their house. Infact, Meerab was confident that if they had a rooster in their home, Meesam would be the one waking it up, probably cockadoodling even before the sun was out.

One would imagine that after having the same schedule for a year Meerab would've gotten used to the idea of waking up early. But she hadn't, the carefree girl in her still wanted to wake up at her own leisure and laze around in bed for a few hours before starting her day. But she had long since given up on that dream

So image her surprise when she wakes up and for the first time in 2 years she hears no sounds of birds chirping, no alarms going off, no sounds of children crying, and the sun shining like it had raised hours.. hours ago?

Her momentary shock had quickly turned into panic when she realised she had slept-in for longer than she had intended . "Where is meesam?" She wondered.  But just before she could spring out of her bed, she heard them.

Murtasim and Meesam.

There they were, standing right in front of Meesam's crib, lost in their own little world. Murtasim was holding Meesam in his arms, a soft smile on his lips as he swayed her gently while humming a soft tune.
Meesam looked at him with such glee that it made Meerab's heart soar with happiness.

These two.
They loved each other so much. The mare thought of separating them sounded like a sin.

Meesam loved being cuddled, even more so in the mornings, and when such opportunity presented it self, Murtasim would be a fool to not welcome it with open arms.

Meerab kept staring at the two of them. They looked happy, at peace, complete. Murtasim held Meesam's little hand in his and was leisurely carrying her around the room.

Meesam loved being around Murtasim. It had only taken a few weeks, thanks too Murtasim's relentless efforts to be around her as much as possible and bond with her.

Murtasim kept humming the same tune over and over again and Meesam couldn't help but wonder about what song he singing. She slowly etched closer to them, careful to not make any noise, and strained her ears to hear them better.

"Can you say Babaa... Babaaa, can you say Baba's name?"

Ah. So thats what he'd been upto.

Meesam had been very vocal as off late. She would constantly try to mimic the sounds of her parents voices when they talked to her. Meerab knew her daughter was close to saying her first words, and apparently Murtasim knew that too.

"Ahem",  Meerab faked a cough, finally causing Murtasim to snap his attention from this daughter to his wife.

"Acha toh mere pit peeche ye ho raha hai? Mere beti ko tumhare naam ki pati padhai ja rahi hai? Ye toh cheating hai murtasim!" Meerab tried sounding serious, but the mischief that glinted in her eyes gave her away. Murtasim smirked and decided to play along.

("So thats what you've been doing behind my back? Brain washing my child like this so that she'll say your name first? That's cheating Murtasim!")

"Mai toh bas apne beti ko gana suna raha hu Meerab" Murtasim gave a nonchalant shrug

("I have no idea what you're talking about Meerab, i'm just singing her a song")

"Arie chodo muje sab pata hai tum kya kar rahe ho laken koi nahi, mai maa hu uski, tum usko jitne marzi gaane suna do, sabse phele toh vo Mama hi gahi gi. Haina Meri guriya?" Meerab sang the last part out, capturing Meesam's attention who was delighted to see her mother awake.

("Oh I know exactly what you're doing. But no worries. I am her mother. You can keep singing her songs to her but I'm confident she's gonna say Mama's name first. Isn't that right Meri guriya?")

Meesam babbled away, happy about being the centre of attention. She reached out to her mother, wanting a new parent to cuddle with, and Meerab gladly accepted.

"Huh dekho aa gayi na mere paas? She's mama's girl"

"She most definitely is not"  Murtasim bit back, the slightest hint of jealousy and insecurity lacing his voice.

"Hah I don't thinks so"
"Hah I don't think so" murtasim mocked her back.

"Hah" meesam said, trying to get the attention back to her.

Murtasim looked at Meerab. Both of them brust out laughing.

~~
A/N: So this one is more of a filler but I hope you guys liked it!
I got inspired by this video and decided to write my take on it. Meesam is definitely a baba's girl lol.

Thank you so much for all the support on the previous chapters! I'm grateful you guys like this story :)

The show's finale was alot better than my expectations (considering that I had none to begin with). It still hasn't hit me that there is gonna be no Tere Bin to look forward to from next week 😭. Hate it or love it, we were all obsessed with the show and it feels so weird that it's over!

Anywho, I do plan to continue this story for the foreseeable future. The show's end isn't gonna change that :)

Always open to your comments and suggestions!

Until then, peace out ✌🏽