Immunity

Murtasim didn't remember the last time he woke up feeling this relaxed.

Having a toddler takes a toll on the even the most of healthiest of people and he was no exception to the rule. His routine usually consisted of long nights trying to get his fussy daughter to sleep. That paired with his ridiculously exhausting feudal duties he'd tend to during the day meant he barely got any time to rest.

Not that he was complaining.

There would come a time when his daughter would sleep though the night, when she wouldn't jump into their bed in the middle of the night because she didn't like sleeping alone, when she wouldn't baba's cuddles to comfort her after a nightmare. He knew that. He dreaded that. So he'd decide to cherish this time for as long as it lasted.

But waking up without a baby screaming in your ear every once in a while does feel good though.

The night he spent with his wife last night had left him utterly and wholly satiated. They'd passed out almost as soon as they were done, wrapped up in each other's arms, cuddled in a warm cocoon of their love.

He tossed in the soft hotel bed, his eyes still blissfully closed, as he ran his arm thorough the sheets trying to grab on to his sleeping wife.

His arm snacked through her waist and he pulled her flush against him in a tight spoon, kissing her neck in the process.

His soft content smile turned into a frown as he felt her skin.

It was hot, too hot.

His eyes flew open and he shot up.

"Meerab?" He whispered her name as he gently felt her neck and forehead.

Oh she definitely had a fever.

She didn't move, didn't open her eyes...all she did was whimper in response to his voice. Looking every bit as uncomfortable as a sick person would.

He gulped.

"Meerab utho" he gripped her arms, and shook her, his voice firm but still groggy from having just woken up.
(Meerab wake up)

His stomach filled with dread.
The situation unsettled him, reminding him of the horrid night back in the gaon, when he'd spent the night tending to her, not knowing when she'd wake up.

Distressed, Murtasim patted her face to prompt any sort of reaction out of her

She groaned in response, her eyes opening just the tiniest bit.
"Murtasim" she complained, her voice hoarse.

Murtasim let out a sigh of relief.

"Jaan, Tumhe bukhar hai" he mumbled as he pulled the blanket closer to her neck, making sure she was warm.
(You have a fever Jaan)

She immediately snuggled into it, groaning in pain as she shifted.

He took that as his que to spring out of bed and dial housekeeping.

~

The hotel staff was quick to action. He had everything he needed within 15 minutes.

He grimaced as he read her temperature.

101.5.

This was so not how he'd expected his morning to go.

"Mana kiya tha maine paani mai jaane se. Magar apne zidd ke aage kisi ki sunti kaha hai" he grumbled and gently placed a wet towel on her forehead.
(I told her not to go in the water but why would she even listen to me, shes stubborn like a mule)