The Wedding

After Murtasim and Meerab dropped Saba and her friends to the weddings venue they made a quick trip back to Murtasim's office.

Meerab waited patiently in his study while Murtasim changed into wedding appropriate attire.

She sat on his large chair behind the oakwood desk as she drew random scribbles on an empty paper lost in her own thoughts

Murtasim stopped dead on his tracks as his gaze fell on Meerab. She looked gorgeous, sitting on his spot, the thick books and papers in her surrounding making her look every bit of the Khaani she was meant to be...and just like that she took his breath away for the second time during the day.

He slowly made his way over to her, his steps steady and quiet. Meerab looked up at him as he approached her and smiled.

As she stood up, Murtasim took out a stash of notes and twirled it around her head.

Meerab flushed as looked at him amused.

"Itni khoobsoorat laag rahi hai aaj meri khaani, nazar utarna toh banta hai na?"
(You look so beautiful today, ones gotta ward off the evil spirits don't they?)

"You don't look too bad yourself Mr. Khan" she giggled and kissed his cheek.

He immediately pulled her closer, angling his face down to kiss her but she covered his kips with her palm.

"Mera makeup karab ho jayega!"
(You'll ruin my makeup!)

His grip on her waist didn't falter as he gently held her wrist and moved her hand away.

"Meerab.. its been a week. Aur kitna intezar karaogi?" He whispered
(Meerab... its been a week. How long will you make me wait?)

He leaned in again, only for his wife to place her hands on his chest and lean back. She laughed as she freed herself from his grip.

"Patience is a virtue" she sang as she trailed off to their car, her husband sighed and followed behind.

~~

As they entered the venue hand in hand, Meerab couldn't help but reminisce about their walima. How the mere thought of being around him would nauseate her, all the fake smiles and forced proximity.. just to keep up the appearance of a happily married couple. Now she walked, her arm linked with her man's, clinging to eachother like 2 teenagers in love and she wouldn't have it any other way.

Heads turned as people felt their presence. Murtasim Khan felt his chest square up with pride as he observed how the crowd looked his Khaani, in awe and reverence. Just as they should.

"Aunty!!" Meerab shrieked excitedly.

She detatched herself from Murtasim's side, ran over over to a frail looking woman and proceeded to take her in a bone crushing hug.

"Aunty aap kaise ho? Uncle kaise hai? Muje aapki bhaut yaad aati hai" Meerab rambled on as the older woman ran her vainy hands on her face lovingly.
(How are you Aunty? How's uncle? I miss you guys alot)

"Haye meri toh aakhe taras gayi thi meri beti ko dekhne ko. Kitni pyari laag rahi ho Meerab, aur itni kush! Mashallah aise he raha karo!" Aunty blessed her
(Ah I was dying to just have a look at you my daughter. Look at how gorgeous you look, and so happy too! Mashallah always stay like this!)

Murtasim walked over to the duo and quitely stood behind Meerab.

He cleared his throat, trying to get his wife's attention.

It worked. Meerab turned around to look at him her eyes twinkled with even more excitement than before.

"Murtasim! Inse milo, ye Faarukh ki aunty hai. Aunty... ye Murtasim, mere shauhar"