New Face of Darkness Pt.2

Alright everyone, new chapter rolling out. This time with a surprise G1 guest star. However, I should warn you that this chapter and possibly the next one are something of a "feels trip" and partly why I keep my "T" rating for this story, so please, reader discretion is advised.

Galvatron smirked as the remaining Vehicons aboard the Nemesis flew or bridged into the Autobot base. By eliminating the Autobots, he would be able to do what Megatron could never do, win the great war of Cybertron. Such an act would earn him his rightful place in history as the first emperor of Cybertrons' second golden age. A title truly befitting of him.

Looking closer at the battleground, Galvatron saw several Autobots and Maximals engaging a few dozen Vehicon flyers. A smaller number of ground forces had opted to go through the space bridge with Bludgeon and the Predacons into the hidden Autobot ship that served as their headquarters. He didn't believe that the battle would take particularly long since the dark energon he'd dosed the troops with made them hyper aggressive. Either way, he'd need to look at addressing the troop shortage soon.

One Autobot in particular caught his optic. His 'sister' Arcee. Rage filled his spark; his twin was the one blemish in the story of his life. He could not allow the freak to continue its' existence. It would be a mockery of the perfection that he was. Spreading his wings, Galvatron took flight. It was finally time to commit the murder he'd first attempted all those years ago.

Meanwhile, down in the Lost Light, over a dozen Vehicons had bridged into the ship alongside the Predacons and Mayhem Attack Squadron. Stranglehold turned to the assembled troops. "Raze base to ground. Kill all that get in way." While he'd been furious at being tricked into drinking dark energon, he was enjoying the rush of power it gave him. "Be having fun comrades."

As the various enemy troops scattered throughout the base, Bludgeon and a trio of Vehicons were on a mission of their own in the Lost Lights' fuel lake. He'd rewatched the security footage from the Autobot raid on the Nemesis while waiting for his shell to be repaired. From it, he noticed that the bot known as Blaster had far too much knowledge of the Decepticon mainframe and how to navigate it. This meant that Punch was not the only source of intel the enemy had.

"Come on Sparky." Lightbright whispered as she and Sparkstalker ran across the bridge over the reservoir. "If we're careful, we should be able to sneak past the intruders and get in position once the bridge jammer is down."

"I'm not afraid of them." Sparkstalker replied petulantly.

"I know, but I'm afraid of what they'll do to you if they find out you're still alive and helping us."

"A quite valid fear." Bludgeon began as he stepped up to the end of the bridge the two were headed for. "Yes, Sparkstalker the traitor. I shall enjoy this." Taking a mighty leap, Bludgeon cleared the gap between them and landed between the two.

Spinning around, Bludgeon kicked Lightbright solidly in the chest, knocking her into the Vehicon trio that had accompanied him. Drawing his sword, he then slashed Sparkstalker across the chest, through his Decepticon insignia. "We have plans for you." Bludgeon spoke, glaring at Sparkstalker. "An example must be made." He turned to the Vehicons. "Kill her here and now." Bludgeon ordered.

"No! Lightbright!" Sparkstalker screamed. "Bludgeon, please, I'll go with you, just spare her." He begged.

"Sparky, no!"

Bludgeon looked at Sparkstalker for a moment, his empty eye sockets seemingly staring through his spark. "I accept your terms. You may wish I had not though." A space bridge opened behind Sparkstalker, startling him. "Incoming, spider." With another kick, Sparkstalker was sent through the portal, and into Tarantulas' lab.