Chapter 27: You Good?

The burger joint that the group found themselves in wasn't as busy as Senka thought it would have been

The burger joint that the group found themselves in wasn't as busy as Senka thought it would have been. There were few people here and there, but most of the customers were themselves as they crowd the table Denji and Power sat, destroying their food like always.

"Denji you can have my vegetables," Power hands them over to her buddy.

"Oh. Yeah sure." He replies numbly.

Before the goods could be reached, a hand blocks their way. Kusakabe's stiff posture makes Power look up at him.

"What?"

"A well-balanced diet is essential to maintain a healthy mind and body." He chastises.

"You pick them out a lot at home too." Aki chimes in.

"Excuse me? Are you giving me orders to me, your better? If I wanted to, I could turn this place into a sea of blood you know!" Power claims loudly.

Without a second's hesitation, Denji shoves the food in her face. "At least try em. Here you go!"

Power's face morphs into disgust as a tomato slice slowly glides down her face. "It tastes like dirt!" Tears prickle her eyes.

They continue to bicker and play with their food as Senka stands rigidly next to Aki.

Senka wondered if she was the same before her memories died out in her. If she hated vegetables the way Power does or if she loved them like Denji.

"You good?" A familiar voice catches her attention. His question was airy and quiet despite the loud duo they were keeping an eye on. How did he even know her mood change? How did he sense her thoughts so effortlessly?

She supplied a stiff nod, her hands turning clammy behind her back.

Aki scoffed quietly, knowing bullshit when he sees it.

She didn't react, instead a chair scratched the floor roughly as Power ran for it.

"I refuse to take another bite! I hate vegetables! Die!!" She yelled all the way out.

"The fiend ran for it!" Kusakabe says in disbelief.

"Nah she's not goin' anywhere. She'll be waiting outside." Denji stands from his seat.

The group begins to exit and somehow, time seems to freeze.

A strange woman sits down with a hamburger in front of her, placing a metal nail you would use to hammer into a wall, next to her plate.