Chapter 10: Watch Me

The speed chase made everyone's senses stand on alert, the situation demanding their full attention

The speed chase made everyone's senses stand on alert, the situation demanding their full attention. Senka made sure no one was behind her besides the devil, not wanting one of her squad mates to end up dead by the monster's hand. Or hands, since there were probably more than a few hundred trying to grasp at them.

The halls that herself, Aki, Denji, and Himeno ran down seemed to go on forever. The woman could hear everyone's focused breathing and hurried sprinting that trembles the carpeted floor of the hotel.

"Kill Denji and give me his heart. Give it to me." The devil grew that the rest of the squad couldn't leave their hotel room because its body covered the door frame in its entirety.

Power produced an axe with her blood for protection while Kobeni held her knife tightly. Arai stayed in the floor, sweating with fear.

"I expand with terror. Creatures trapped by terror." The devil almost grazed Senka's back with one of it's wrinkly and deformed hand.

" The devil almost grazed Senka's back with one of it's wrinkly and deformed hand

"Fall deeper into terror."

Kobeni whimpered at its voice that seemed to be layered with dead souls.

"Dread death."

Himeno tried to focus on running, Senka's hand on her back to keep her steady on her feet.

"Fear everything."

Arai felt like throwing up from the sight of death that haunts the hotel.

"The one to kill the chainsaw will be I, I the devil of eternity." The devil chuckled with glee, relishing the thought of tasting Denji's heart.

Senka was tired of running, her stamina buckling under the pressure of dying at the hands of what's steadily coming closer and closer behind her. She can hear her heart beating inside her chest at a rapid speed. She was tired of running.