Chapter 5: What's Your Devil?

Relationships with others come in all different types of stipulations and feelings

Relationships with others come in all different types of stipulations and feelings. Even the small ones still hold some sort of synopsis. Enemy, family, friend, or lover.

But with the woman in front of Senka, no matter how much time she's spent with her, she just can't get used to her. There was no relationship other than being colleagues and being the girl she picked up off the street. Like an injured puppy.

Right now, both women stand in front of a panel of devil hunting officials, at least that's who Senka thinks they are.

"With the American incident, the Soviet hawks are getting louder. We've even heard rumors they are using devils for military applications." One of the old men with glasses reported. "It would be nice if Japan's only enemies were devils."

"Makima... how's the squad of dogs we gave you developing?" Another of them asked.

"There is one who seems capable of meeting my expectations and one that is interesting." She answered.

"Interesting?" One questioned, his wrinkles highlighting his frown.

"A pup I just picked up." Makima explains a little further. One of them writes down her answer and fiddles with the pen.

"Your job is to train the dogs and use them. Don't get attached to each and every one. You seem to have done a good job with Senka in that aspect." They commented.

But no response from Senka, their words going in one ear out the other.

Makima's face also remained neutral, her face showing no hint of emotion from their demand.

Senka sat in the passenger seat with her legs crossed, looking outside the window. The buildings the car passed by seemed so intricate, like they could morph into other shapes if they tried.

Makima sat in the back also looking out the window, holding a warm cup of coffee in her hand.

Aki took the liberty in driving, having both hands on the wheel and not taking his eyes off the road.