Chapter 4: You Guys Are Disappointing

It's only 7:00 in the morning

It's only 7:00 in the morning... how the hell...

Senka and Aki watched as the strange blonde boy gathered all the jams and condiments he could hold onto a slice of bread. Lathering the thing till it looked soggy.

"Strawberry jam, plum jam, orange jam, with butter and honey... and I'll add some cinnamon too. 'S gotta be the best damn piece of bread ever!" Denji celebrated with himself.

Aki watched him shove the thing into his mouth with disgust. His eye twitching and almost gagging.

If that's the best he's eaten, what was the worst?Senka thought with pity, prompting her to walk over with a napkins. Aki watched her figure as she dragged her feet across the room.

She began to wipe Denji's face like he was a child, the jams at the corners of his mouth cleaned off with precision. He didn't mind because who wouldn't want a pretty woman to take care of them.

She took Denji's hand and handed him another napkin, telling him it was now his turn to clean himself up. He's like a toddler. Senka snickered in her mind as she closed the jars with their respective lids.

"You shouldn't have to clean up after him." Aki said from the kitchen. Senka hears him loud and clear, but decided to just wave him off, letting him know that she didn't mind. Once she gathered all the jars and placed them back into the cupboard, she cleaned away the rest off the mess.

Aki felt a little restless, watching Senka act like it was her obligation to clean after the boy.

Denji watched as well as he wiped his mouth with every bite of his bread.

Now he acts proper?! Aki thought in dismay. Senka was too busy washing the dishes to notice Aki's glare towards Denji.

Living with the teenager was draining, whether it was him taking too long in the bath or sleeping on the toilet, something was keeping Aki on his toes.

Senka did everything in her power to not overstep her bounds living in someone else's house, picking up any chore she could.

"Hey." Denji called to the woman who was folding her blankets she slept with on the couch. Aki offered her a room but she declined. It's not like she would use the bed wisely anyway, her insomnia getting in the way.

She used what was supposed to be her sleeping time to smoke outside of the house.

She looked up to give the blonde boy her attention. Her pale pink eyes almost looking gray today.