Chapter 7: Little Shits

The tall building's windows gleamed with ominous auras, its overall atmosphere shaking Senka's core

The tall building's windows gleamed with ominous auras, its overall atmosphere shaking Senka's core. But she's used to such places.

The windows in her eyes sometimes gave people around her the same feeling. She stared up at the hotel with her hands in her pockets, the pads of her fingers brushing the fabric inside them delicately.

Her midnight dark locks would flow against her vision ever so often, yet she made no effort to move the strands out of the way. Just letting the wind guide them till her feet had to inevitably enter the hotel.

The rest of the team were scattered around her also looking up at the building. Like as if they were also in a trance, taking in all the fresh oxygen they could to sooth their anxieties that any devil hunter would face. Even if they hardly showed it.

That was until Aki broke their gazes with his voice.

"The devil is hiding somewhere in this hotel. And not your average devil, either. The gun devil's fragment is being drawn to it. that means it's a devil that has eaten a fragment." Aki debriefed to the team.

"Isn't that supposed to mean the gun devil's here?" Denji asked in a curious tone.

"The larger the fragment, the stronger the attraction. This is too small for that." Aki said, making sure to enlighten the boy.

"That sounds cool! Gimme it!" Power yelled obnoxiously.

Senka looked over at the three, the breeze zig-zagging through her hair gently. Her dark circles even more prominent than before. She loosened her tie on her neck, a little too stuffed from it.

"You two... where are your manners?" Aki asked, almost sounding like a disappointed guardian.

"Huh?"

"What?"

Both Denji and Power gave him an unamused expression as Senka ran her fingers through her hair. Her blank expression peered over at the conversation, looking like she was bored but was actually the complete opposite in her head.

She was very much interested in what this conversation will lead to. There was never a dull moment with the trio she lives with.

"The fuck are you, my mom?!?! Why should I?!?!" Denji questioned, seemingly wanting to push Aki's buttons.

"Humans are such arrogant fools!!" Power backed up Denji.

Aki showed a blank expression as he reached into his pocket, slipping his fingers and jostling in his suit pants.

Oh. He's pulling out the big guns. Senka figured, crossing her arms and striding closer to them.

Once his hand grasped what he was looking for, he waved up sticks of gum for the two. Training the two to understand basic human manners. Like dogs.

They stared at him with a hint of interest in their eyes. And almost immediately, they obeyed like puppies.

"Hayakawa sir."