And Another Makes Three pt 1 | Stucky

Pairing: Steve Rogers x reader x Bucky Barnes
Warnings: Any that apply to CAWS
Requested by: BuckyGoddesswolf
Pronouns: They/Them

Y/N was walking home from work. They'd had a long day and just wanted to sleep, but fate had other plans for them. A commotion on the road above drew the attention of various pedestrians walking under. It sounded like a car crash, until Captain America (in regular clothes) was catapulted off into a bus. It flipped on its side and slid across the road. Cars stopped everywhere and the driver got out to watch. And yet not a single person moved to help.

Y/N, however, jumped straight into action. They ran onto the bus knowing if there was a fuel leak -which was more than likely- the entire vehicle would go up in flames. How anyone could live with themselves after letting that happen was beyond them. They ushered people out, helping those with mobility issues squeeze through the emergency exit. As they were about to leave too, they turned and saw one more person on board.

Placing a hand on his shoulder they asked if he was okay. It turned out it was none other than Captain America. The man that just flew off the bridge straight into that bus. And he was staring right at their arm. Where their soulmarks were.

He probably thought they were weird. What kind of a person had two soulmarks?

But then he did what they never expected. He pulled up his own sleeve to reveal his two marks. One like theirs and the other not. However, they didn't have time for introductions as he forced them onto the floor and started running out. Clutching their ears to drown out the noise, they tried to lie as flat as possible. Hundreds of bullets shot through the metal in seconds. As soon as Steve jumped through the back window, everything stopped. Y/N snuck out the emergency exit. With everyone focussing on Steve, it was easy to hide behind each car they passed.

As they peered through the windows of another car, a masked man approached Steve. A red star adorned his silver arm; the rest of his outfit consisted of black protective gear. Y/N winced each time Steve looked hurt. Despite watching him get launched into a bus, they couldn't help but fear a few punches would be too much.

A high pitched scream drew them out of their trance. And they weren't the only one. The metal-armed man noticed too. A young child -maybe four or five- had fallen over as it's mother tried to discretely run away from the fight. She was clearly distraught and barely functioning any better than the child. Y/N approached them, using the cars for cover as they moved. They only just managed to usher them away when a shadow overcame them. It was him. Turning to face him incase he attacked (not that they stood a chance against him) they stepped back. Unfortunately, their foot got caught on the pavement and they fell back. Now completely at his mercy, all they could do was watch in fear as he towered over them.

He stopped. He stood there like a deer caught in headlights. The man stared down at their arm for a moment, then slowly pulled up his own sleeve. Two marks stood out against his skin. One, a golden retriever and the other was their favourite animal. Unlike Y/N and Steve, there was no wolf. Because he was the wolf.

Both of them stared in shock, until Steve grabbed his collar from behind and flipped him over his shoulder. Speaking of Steve, this man was also his soulmate. How could two enemies be fated to love each other for eternity.

The man rolled across the tarmac and his mask fell off. It revealed his hard face, clearly aged by both time and hardship. As he looked back at Steve, his eyes were too soft. Like he was remembering something painful but couldn't quite place that memory. They didn't fit this soldier.

Steve, however, did remember. He mumbled something, possibly the man's name, and couldn't bring himself to fight again. Luckily he didn't have to as a man in a bird costume dropped out of the sky and kicked the man away.