A Robot Life For Me | Wanda Maximoff

Pairing: Wanda Maximoff x reader
Warnings: Death, sadness, angst
Requested by: @konstantin609 on tumblr
Pronouns: He/Him
Authors note: Can you tell I love chickens?

Wanda stood over Ultron, staring into his emotionless eyes. She was so focused on pulling him apart that she didn't hear the approaching footsteps.

She jumped as something touched her shoulder and sent a chunk of metal flying back. There was a thud as Y/N fell to the ground. He had only come to take her to the lifeboats.

She cried out and cradled his head, watching the light fade from his eyes. She couldn't loose him now, not after everything they went through in the last few years. He was always there for her in Hydra, she had to be here for him now.

Wanda wasn't thinking clearly, all she wanted in the moment was to help him. His grip on her hand loosened and his breathing stilled.

With one final gut wrenching scream, a wave of red energy exploded from all around her.

She didn't have long to wallow in her sadness as Ultron began to switch. Grief would surely drown her, but she still had a planet to protect.

Laying down Y/N's body she moved to watch as Ultron seemed to power on. It was then that she realised what she did. "Wanda?"

She wanted him to live so badly that she imagined his mind in Ultron's repairable body. "It worked. How did it work?"

"What are you-" He glanced to his right, seeing his own body lying next to him with a lump of metal sticking out of its chest.

"I'm sorry, I did not mean for this to happen."

"You brought me back," He sat up to inspect his new form.  "I was dead, now I'm... not."

She placed one hand on his metal cheek. "This is unnatural, I'm so sorry."

"Wanda, we can make this work."

Hearing Y/N's voice in this machine was too painful to bare. She knew his life would be so vastly different he might not be able to handle it. "No we can't, Y/N."

"Wait, Wanda please!"

She sent another pulse of energy into him. She finally let the tears roll as the metal body fell with a loud clank.

♤♡◇♧

Y/N's eyes opened, or reactivated. His flesh body was gone, but he was still surrounded by debris and destruction.

The body was damaged and missing a few parts, but mostly intact. His movement was awkward, the metal joints in his legs threatening to give out.

There was no way he could get out of the city in this condition, but there were plenty of robots left. If he could find the right tools, he could make it back to the compound.

So he set to work, hunting for parts until he was complete. He looked a bit tattered but it would have to do.

♤♡◇♧

The Avengers compound was far away; Y/N wasn't sure he would make it. Luckily he did, with a few pit stops along the way.

He knew one of Tony's gadgets would pick up his presence immediately. The moment he crashed into the lawn, every Avenger there surrounded him.

"What are you doing here?" Steve demanded.

All of their weapons were pointed at him, so he had to move carefully. Y/N raised his hands to show he had no I'll intent. "I live here."