Excuses, Excuses | Peter Parker

Pairing: Peter Parker x reader
Warnings: A brief robbery
Requested by: @Iloveeatingplates
Pronouns: She/Her

"Why's Peter late this time?" Y/N asked Ned as they stood by their lockers. The first bell and already rung and there was no sign of him.

Ned's face flushed and he stuttered out an excuse. "He's at a, uh, an appointment."

"Oh yeah? What's wrong with him?"

"Rash," He practically shouted, attracting the attention of a few other students. "It's a rash, he's embarrassed."

Y/N didn't see Peter until he snuck into maths just before break.

"Hey Pete, how's the rash? Clearing up I hope?" She asked as he walked to his desk behind her.

"What?"

"I had to say something," Ned leaned over. "Dude, I think she's noticed you leaving."

"I know, Ned."

♤♡◇♧

Peter and Y/N lived near each other so they often travelled together. However, their journey didn't usually include robberies.

Three guys ran past them in cartoon masks, straight into the bank. Peter immediately dragged Y/N into an alley way and hid behind a skip.

"Stay here, I'll get help," He jumped up.

Y/N grabbed his hand and pulled him back down. "That's a terrible idea, Peter. The police are probably on their way."

"I'll be right back." He tried to get up again, but she had his shirt in a death grip.

"You should know that everytime someone says that they end up dead."

"This isn't a horror movie, I'll be fine." He squeezed her shoulders reassuringly and sprinted away.

Moments later, Y/N saw a flash of red. Everyone in the neighborhood had heard the thwip of web slingers at least once, so she knew it would be over soon.

Sirens bounce off the alley walls as police cars surrounded the bank. Spider-Man had already restrained the criminals before they arrived.

Peter came running back, scaring the living daylights our of Y/N.

"What took you so long?"

"I- I had to reunite a kid with their parents? It took a while." He scratched his neck and grinned awkwardly.

Y/N was suspicious of all his absences before, but now she was almost certain. That Stark apprenticeship was more than Peter let on.

♤♡◇♧

Y/N had done projects with Peter before, so of course May believed her. She told her to wait in his room and left for the night, so that's what she did. She took a seat on the bottom bunk of his bed and waited. Luckily she didn't have to wait long.

The window slid open and in came Spider-Man, crawling across the ceiling.

He jumped down and Y/N spoke up. "Funny seeing you here."

"It's not what it looks like!" He panicked and pressed a button. His suit slid of so he was almost naked, but that was the least of his worries.

"I didn't realise you were such a talented cosplayer."

"Yeah, it- it's a passion of mine." His cheeks turned a frankly adorable shade of pink.

"So how did you become Spider-Man?"She couldn't help but laugh and he stumble about in search of the nearest outfit.

"I'm not-" His sweatshirt cut him off by getting caught of his head.

"There's no point denying it now, Pete."

He finally accepted defeat and slumped next to Y/N. "Don't tell anyone."

"Your secrets safe with me," She kissed his cheek, making his cheeks a darker shade of red than the suit.