Chapter 30 - 20 Questions and a Confession

Start from the beginning

     "Alright," she laughed. "Best friend?"

     I thought for a second. "Grover, Leo, or Jason. And before you say I have to pick one, I won't."

     "What's your favorite school subject?"

     "They all suck the same," I answered, shrugging. She laughed, and I couldn't help but smile at her laugh. Her joy was infectious.

     "Do you have any regrets? What's your biggest one?"

     "That's a pretty deep question," we were both quiet as I thought. "My biggest regret? Riding my skateboard into the apartment that day."

     Annabeth nodded, reaching across the table for my hand. She squeezed it reassuringly, then pulled her hand away. "Do you think we'll win the final game and get into the championships?"

     "Yeah, probably." I replied.

     Annabeth nodded, clearly thinking about her next question. "Who in this school do you hate the most?"

     "Luke and Drew." I imitated barfing, then shuddered. "I can't stand those two."

"What is it between you and Luke anyway? That's one of my questions, by the way." She added at the end, so now she had 13 questions left.

"We used to be friends," I started, preparing myself for the story. "And there was a time when Drew and I were sort of a thing, but then I caught the two of them kissing. Then after that, Luke became a real asshole. Especially in football, he always has to be the best, in the spotlight. And me getting captain of the team? He didn't really handle that well."

Annabeth exhaled softly. "I get why you hate them both, then. I'm running out of questions," she laughed. "Okay, favorite Taylor Swift song? From her debut album,"

"I'm Only Me When I'm With You." I answered immediately, then paused. "Or Our Song."

"Favorite Fearless song?"

"Probably Fifteen," I answered.
(A/N I feel like that could be foreshadowing honestly)

"Favorite Speak Now song?"

"Wow, you're really just doing this to use up questions, aren't you?" I asked, smiling.

"Shut up," she laughed. "Just answer the questions."

"Favorite Speak Now song?" I repeated. "Haunted, or Long Live." In the back of my mind I also wanted to add The Story of Us, and Mine, but I decided not to.

"And favorite Red song?"

I grinned. "What do you think I'm about to say?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "All Too Well? 10 minute Version?" She guessed.

I shook my head. "Nope, The Lucky One. Or Starlight."

"Wow, okay. Honestly, I thought you'd be a We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together type of guy."

I shook my head again.

"Favorite 1989 song?"

"That's actually impossible." I stated, looking at her sternly. "They're all my favorite."

Annabeth snorted.

She then continued asking me about my favorite songs from each album, Reputation was Delicate, Lover was Daylight, Folklore was Betty and Mirrorball, Evermore was Coney Island and Long Story Short, and Midnights was You're on Your Own Kid, and Karma.