Target Acquired | Dave York |1|

Start from the beginning

"You need to sleep." Emerson spoke.

I opened the file, my eyebrows raising a little, seeing a candid photo of a man in his 40s, jogging. He has a clean shaven face and his hair is a little sweaty from the activity, a few strands sticking on his forehead.

There's another photo under it so I lifted up the first, seeing he's in a suit in this one. Out the front of what I assume is his house, looking to be running his thumb over his bottom lip as he got into his car. He's good looking, I can't deny.

"David "Dave" York". ..." I muttered, my eyebrows furrowing together "...Why'd you put Dave in quotation marks?"

Well I figured out his name was David, but from the time I was following him, all I heard him being called is Dave."

"Ah, fair enough." I nodded.

dave's pov
I sat at my kitchen table of my home with Kovac and Ali, yawning, as we waited for Resnik to arrive. I looked at my daughter's pictures on the fridge, sighing deeply. My ex—wife took them a few months ago, and I've only seen them a handful of times since. I didn't mind her leaving, and considering my job, it's probably best she took the girls with her. I offered her the house but she insisted that she get a apartment.

We have learned that the guy who hired us to take out Alex, had hired another group. So, of course we're going to kill him. After we get the other half of our payment, of course. Now, we have to take out the group and Alex before they get a chance too. Sure, we could just get to Alex first, but they may interfere in future contracts and I'm not going to allow that to happen.

A thud of a file shook me out of my thoughts, seeing Resnik sitting down at the table, silence fell between us as we read the files, the only sounds were from the slight rain outside and loud slurps of coffee. Y/n L/n. A few photos are paper clipped in the corner, hanging off the side.

The first one is of her at a coffee shop. She sat at a small table in the corner of the room, on the phone, a smile on her face. Her arm rested on her propped up knee, with the other dangled down. She's attractive, I'll give her that.

I lifted up the photo to look at the second one. This one she was out the front of an apartment building, looking to be helping an elder lady with her shopping. The third one was of her jogging. She's wearing a black skin tight long sleeve and matching shorts that were well above her knees, showing what looks like a knife scar.

"Is she the leader of the group?" I asked, looking at Resnik who nodded, shutting his file.

"That's why I gave it to you. ..." he cleared his throat, holding up the file that he has "...This Donovan guy, I've seen him around. He's been watching all of us. They're aware of us as well."

"So we're after each other. ..." I muttered.

I looked at the file again, seeing the addresses of the places she frequents as well as her address.

"...She jogs at Dostyer Park every morning. I'll move my morning jog there tomorrow."

The next day came around and I got out of my SUV, locking up and putting my keys in my sweatpants. I looked to the side, seeing Y/n's car a few cars away from mine. I put on my thin zip up over my grey shirt, starting on the start of the path, beginning to jog. It's around the time she starts her jog, I'm hoping that I'll run into her along the path.