Chapter 27 - What Plan?

Start from the beginning

     Somebody started crying, and that's when I couldn't take it anymore. "We're going in," I told my two friends. We tried to make it look like we'd just gotten here, by pretending to laugh as we opened the door and walked in.

     Inside, there was pillows on the floor. Rachel was crying, and a few tears even streaked Annabeth's face. Hazel was bright red with rage, Silena right beside her, and Piper looked so infuriated that I couldn't even meet her eyes. Drew just looked amused.

     Nobody said a thing.

***

Rachel's POV

     I felt awful. I don't even want to say what I've done.

     Drew's been bothering me about the whole thing ever since we made the deal.

     She says I'm not trying hard enough, that the plan's not going to work.

     I was sitting in the common room, sketching in my journal, when Drew came in. At the perfect time, the girls bedroom opened and Piper, Annabeth, Hazel, and Silena walked out. The four of them began walking towards the common room door, probably to go to dinner, but then Drew started yelling at me.

     "Rachel!" She shouted, stomping over to me. I flinched and put down the sketchbook in my hands.

     "He still hasn't said he loves you, you need to get him to really care for you, it's the only way the plan will work!"

     The four girls stopped walking, and Piper turned to her sister. "What plan? Are you talking about Percy?"

     Drew huffed and put her hands on her hips, turning to look at Piper. "Who else would be telling Rachel he loves her? Yes I'm talking about Percy!"

     "What plan?" Hazel pressed.

     Drew waved her hand before turning back to me. "Why hasn't he said it yet?"

     I sighed. "He's too cautious. There's no way he'll say it before the final game!"

     "You're not trying hard enough!" Drew screeched at me, then something unexpected happened.

     Piper picked up a pillow and chucked it at Drew, and she dodged it and the pillow hit the bookcase. A book thudded to the floor as a reaction.

     "PIPER!" Drew screamed.

     "STOP IT!" Annabeth shouted at Piper.

     Hazel stepped forward, "Drew, whatever you're planning, I'm sure it's wrong."

     Drew scowled. "He won't care, he barely even loves her!"

     Annabeth frowned. "What does Percy's feelings about Rachel have to do with anything?" She asked, glancing over at me. I stood up.

     "It's nothing. Drew, I'm not sure if I want to be a part of your stupid plan anymore."

     "WHAT IS THE FUCKING PLAN??" Piper screamed.

     "It doesn't matter, all you need to know is that the final game is going to be very entertaining. Especially the night before the game." She grinned evilly, making my stomach turn inside out. "And I can't wait to see how Percy handles it all."

     "I thought you liked him?" Piper asked. "You seem to care a lot about—"

     "WHEN HAVE I EVER CARED?" Drew answered, which wasn't even a real response to what Piper was saying.

     Piper balled her fists. "About anyone other than YOURSELF? NEVER."

     "STOP. IT." Annabeth yelled, stepping between Piper and Drew. "WHATEVER YOU TWO ARE DOING, TELL RACHEL TO END IT NOW." A few tears leaked down her face.

     Part of me wanted to listen to Annabeth, so badly. I walked around the side of the couch, over to the small group that had formed. "I shouldn't have listened to you, Drew!" I yelled.

     Beside me, Silena broke out into hysterical laughter. "That was your first mistake, Rachel. Among MANY."

     I knew she was right. I'd made so many mistakes. I was an awful friend, a horrible girlfriend, and I could never fix what I'd agreed to.

     Even though I knew I was the one to blame for this whole situation, I burst into tears. I couldn't take it. Hazel looked angrier than I'd ever seen her, Annabeth was trying to hide the fact that she was crying (though I didn't know why she was so upset), Piper and Drew were glaring at each other while Silena tried to calm down Hazel.

     Then, the door opened. Jason, Leo, and Percy walked in.

     As always, I felt my heart flutter when I saw Percy. He was so amazing, he was so perfect. I loved him. It hurt me so much to know he'd never forgive me, none of my friends would.

     It hurt to know what I was doing.

     It hurt to know what Drew was doing.

     It hurt to know what Luke was doing.

Word count:1347  I am so excited for the next few chapters