"No, Sam," Aragorn responded. "And keep your voice down." He leaned in close to the hobbit, his face serious. "Where's Frodo?"

"Mr Frodo?" Sam repeated. "He's in the room next door. I would ask why you want him, but I feel like that's not my place right now."

"You're right," Aragorn agreed. He moved away from Sam and headed over to the door. "He's in danger. You need to come with us, because of your association with Frodo. You could be in danger too."

"Another adventure?" Sam whispered. "So be it!"

You held back a small giggle as Sam went over to his dresser to get changed. Sam was everything the movies made him out to be. You turned away from him to give him some privacy. Some rustling and moving around was heard, then Sam walked over to your side in a light brown top with dark green pants. Your heart warmed at the sight of the small hobbit. They were even smaller than in the movies!

Aragorn had left the room with Gimli, and Legolas was waiting for you and Sam. Sam strolled up to a small chest by his bed and opened it, revealing startling shining treasures and armoury. Amazed, you saw various sets of armour fit for the size of a hobbit and a small belt with a sheath attached to it. The sword itself was laid neatly atop all those things, and you realised it was Sting. So Frodo had actually let him keep it...Sam grabbed the sword and belt, wrapping the belt around his waist. He sheathed his sword, then nodded to Legolas. He moved away from the doorway to allow you and Sam to exit first, and he took up the rear. You felt a prickling sensation again, the same feeling that you'd felt when you'd left the forest. But again you shook it off, reassuring yourself it was just your nervousness. You followed Aragorn and Gimli, creeping quietly through the Hobbit home. You approached Frodo's home, coming to a stop outside the door. Aragorn raised a finger to his lips, and Gimli and Legolas understood the hint. Gimli readied his axe, and Legolas sheathed his daggers and drew his bow, drawing back an arrow. You readied your elvish knives, raising them in front of you in a half-defence, half-offence stance. Aragorn gave the slightest nod, and he silently grabbed the door handle. He suddenly pushed it forward with lightning fast speed and charged in, sword raised. Gimli leaped through, axe raised, Legolas beside him with an arrow pulled back. You charged through as well, knives at the ready. Brave Sam had Sting drawn as well, holding it with two hands defensively. You waited for the unexpected to strike.

But nothing happened.

Confused, you looked around the room, frowning. Then your eyes widened in horror. In the corner of the room there was a bed, and no one lay upon it. You sucked in a breath, feeling defeat pulsing through you. Frodo was gone. They were too late.

Aragorn stormed over to the bed and ruffled the sheets, throwing the pillows off the bed violently, searching vainly for any sign of Frodo. He let out a growl of frustration.

"Look!" Legolas rushed over to a small round window. The window was open, letting a gentle breeze tug at the curtains. Legolas peered through the window, eyes narrowed with concentration. "I see hobbit footprints. Three sets, meeting up only a few metres from here. Merry and Pippin must have left too!"

Sam looked utterly horrified. Aragorn left the messed bed and joined Legolas at the window. He peered through the window, eyes narrowed. He was no elf, he wouldn't be able to see anything you guessed. At last Aragorn pulled away from the window. "I trust your judgement, Legolas. Quick! We might be able to stop them."

A prickling sensation crept up your spine and sent shivers down your back, making goosebumps form on your neck. The shadow. It was still here. Which didn't make sense, if Frodo, Merry and Pippin had already left far from here, with the shadow controlling them. Surely there couldn't be more than one shadow in one place? Like, it's kinda a common sense thing to do, really. Want to conquer the world, spread your minions all over the place? Not in one place? This was getting more and more confusing by the minute... But this time, as much as you tried to push the feeling away, you could not rid yourself of it. The shadow was here, now. In this room. Which meant...it was in one of you. One of your companions. You felt sick to the stomach. You knew it wasn't Sam, for you'd felt it before you entered Sam's home. No, it was Aragorn, Gimli, or Legolas. And you knew who it was. Feeling even more sick, you followed Aragorn as he rushed out of the room, Legolas and Gimli following close behind. Trying to seem as less suspicious as possible, you allowed Gimli and Legolas to draw ahead of you, as well as Sam. You knew what you had to do. If he had the evil in him, he had to be stopped before he did something he'd regret. He'd want you to do it. You hoped. It was the only thing keeping you going as you readied your knives. You put on a quick spurt and your footsteps didn't make a sound on the creaking wood. As soon as you neared him, you leaped up and wrapped your arms around his neck, knife to his throat.