Part 24: The girl in love.

Kushida's POV:

Kushida and several people stared at the screen in surprise.

"Oh, so this time we're going to watch the video from Kushida-san's point of view?" Ichihashi asked.

"Interesting. Are there any other secrets from Kushida-senpai that we can find out now?" Ichika asked.

"no. I have nothing to hide anymore. So don't get your hopes up." Kushida answered.

Ryuuen tried to attack me, but his initiative turned against him. And right after that conversation...

- Why... did you come to my rescue? It doesn't do you any good, Ayanokoji-kun.

"Ryuen-kun attacked Kushida-san? did he really want to get rid of her?" Ando asked.

"I'm more interested in why Ayanokoji stood up for her?" Kanzaki asked.

After all, it's obvious that he won't voluntarily become a target for Ryuuen-kun.

— There is a benefit. You are an indispensable person in the classroom, Kushida. I don't think Ryuuen would have exposed you even if I hadn't come, but what about your actions? Surely you've been thinking about ways to get him to keep his mouth shut?

Kushida stared at the screen in surprise.

"I see now," Kanzaki replied.

— Yes, I admit it...

Of course, I myself understood how superficially I was reasoning and rushing things. But is it really so difficult to resist emotions at such a moment? It was my past failures that led to this situation, which turned out to be only a burden.

In case of exposure, only I will have problems. However, the class will also lose features.

I have to cling to my place. That's why I started acting, but...

- Ryuen is not your level of opponent. There will be too many problems if you voluntarily engage in a fight with such an opponent, because of which you will then burn yourself. That's why I decided to get out.

His words made me feel extremely humiliated, however... he was right.

"So you can beat him, Ayanokoji—kun?" Although... it feels like you've already defeated him.

Ryuen-kun seemed to be behaving as usual, but he clearly remained vigilant towards Ayanokoji-kun. Moreover, he even retreated when he felt threatened.

"Come on, Kikyo. Did you really want to confront me? You can't even defeat Suzune without my help, so where are you climbing on me?" Ryuuen asked with a chuckle.

"We don't know the big picture. Maybe you have a problem with me, and that's why you decided to attack me," Kushida said.

"But the intervention of Ayanokoji-kun forced you to retreat. Therefore, can Kushida-san be considered lucky?" Ichinose asked.

"But why did he suddenly decide to stand up for the man who threatened him?" Komiya asked.

It's been a while since I changed my first opinion of Ayanokoji-kun as "just an inconspicuous student."

— At least at this stage, Ryuuen is not strong enough to recognize him as his opponent.

The man standing next to me said these words with the same naturalness that another might have said about today's weather. I couldn't do that. If anyone else had said them, they would have made a fool of themselves.