Part 15: Recording of Suzukake Tanji

"Well, let's move on to the latest video, which is related to the White Room," Tadlatar said.

"What?! Come on, seriously? Why now?" Ryuuen asked with displeasure.

"What are you dissatisfied with?" Horikita asked.

"Well, I'm wondering what other potential monsters are out there," Ryuen said.

"You just want to fight," Shinohara said.

- Today is the eleventh of March. The recording is conducted by Suzukake Tanji.

"Who is this?" Kei asked.

"One of the White Room inspectors," Ichika said.

Suzukake put the phone recording the video on the table. The camera was pointed at him.

- I was responsible for education in the White Room for a long time.

On this day, Suzukake decided to secretly write down his opinion about the research.

- As of today, however, the White Room is suspending its activities for a while. There's something about politics that I don't understand much about. It seems that an influential politician named Naoe is putting pressure and trying to prevent the return of Ayanokoji-sensei. Which, in fact, causes problems. But I decided to think positively. For a long time, I will finally have a full vacation, and this is very good.

Suzukake turned off the computer monitor as if trying to collect his thoughts.

- After all, I find people interesting creatures. All children have the ability to master skills that they were not taught. For example, the ability to breathe comes by itself. Similarly, children even in an isolated environment, albeit a little, but are looking for communication. I noticed this from the first to the fourth generation, so the development of communication skills was introduced into the curriculum from the fifth. Of course, this led to a decrease in efficiency. Instead of the appearance of emotions, the rate of development of abilities decreased. But fifth-generation students outperform third-generation students because the overall complexity of the curriculum has increased slightly.

Punishments are still important, while emotions should remain as a makeweight. Suzukake did not change this approach.

- My curriculum involves ten difficulties: the fourth difficulty was applied to the fifth generation, the fifth to the sixth. Somewhere here, probably, lies the limit. Of the seventh generation students, to whom the sixth difficulty was applied, there was no one left. At the same time, students from the eighth generation onwards continue their studies - they have used a modified curriculum from a successful combination of the fourth and fifth difficulties. Someday these children will become perfect adults. And, perhaps, they will be able to successfully join the world as first-class people.

"So we only had the fourth difficulty?!" Yagami asked in shock.

"But if we only had the fourth difficulty out of ten, then what difficulty did Ayanokoji-senpai have?" Ichika asked.

"I wouldn't be surprised if the most recent one is," Sakayanagi said.

Here Suzukake was silent for a while.

- This can be easily understood, just read the files. The reason why I am making a record today is not to ignore and not to forget the passion that led me. Quite a lot of children have passed through the White Room, and many have already dropped out, but that child... Ayanokoji Kiyotaka - he is still a very important element. The child has very unusual abilities to learn, adapt and apply knowledge in practice. His talent never ceases to amaze me, and the upper limit of possibilities has not yet been established. My fellow researchers in the White Room believe that they can bring up children like him, but I would say that he is an exception. A kind of unique even in such a wrong environment. Mutation, to put it bluntly.