12. missed you

Kuroo returned to school on Monday excited to see you. You haven't really texted him since Saturday. But he knew that you had a big test in math today, so he assumed it was because you were busy studying.

He walked into chemistry class, the first class of that you two have together, with a big grin on his face. He strides over to the lab table that the two of you share, disappointed when he realizes that you weren't there yet. There were 5 minutes until the bell rung, though, so it was normal.

He impatiently waited til class started, checking the time on the clock every 10 seconds.

Thankfully, with a minute left to spare, you opened the door to chemistry class. You strode into the room, not making eye contact with Kuroo, while you took the seat next to him.

His smile lit up his face upon seeing you. He was waiting to see your face the entire weekend. It was all he could think about. "Hey, princess," he greets you enthusiastically.

"Hi," you greet him with no emotion, taking out your textbook and flipping to the pages that you had to read for class.

"How are you?"

"I'm okay."

You weren't paying any attention to him, and he was really confused. He furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "What's wrong?"

What's wrong? You couldn't believe that he was acting like he did nothing over the weekend. You should've known not to get involved with him in the first place. "Nothing," you reply, not taking your eyes off of the textbook.

He places his hand on top of yours, making you immediately snap his head up to look at him. Looking into your eyes, he worriedly asks, "I know something's off. What's up?" You assume that he doesn't know that you know about what happened on Saturday night.

You take your hand away from under his and make eye contact with him to give him an annoyed look. "I'm fine." There was no point in arguing with him.

Kuroo nods, understanding that you might need some space. He was puzzled because he didn't think that he did anything wrong. In fact, you guys haven't even talked since Friday night. So, what made you suddenly feel this way?

The day passes by quick, and it's soon the passing period after English. Kuroo walked quickly to catch up with you after class, wanting to talk to you again.

He reaches out and grabs your hand, stopping you from walking away. You furrow your eyebrows at him because you guys never touch each other out in public. "What are you doing?" you harshly whisper. "Someone might see."

His gaze travels down to your neck, and he notices something is missing.

The necklace.

The necklace he gave you for your birthday wasn't around your neck.

"What the hell?" he suddenly exclaims. He takes your hand and drags you to the nearest empty hallway. "Where's your necklace?"

"I took it off," you answer with no emotion.

"Fuck, Y/N. You're killing me. Please, just tell me what I did wrong so I can fix it. I seriously don't know what I did," he begs.

You finally show emotion when your mouth curves into a frown. "I don't like when people lie to me, Kuroo."

"What? I genuinely don't know what's happening right now," he says, dead serious.

"Just— I can't see you anymore. Not like we have been doing, at least," you explain. You clutch tightly onto the straps your backpack and start to walk away, leaving him standing there alone.