06. stay?

You parked your car in Kuroo's driveway once he texted you to let you know that his parents weren't home and that he was finished with practice. You rang his doorbell and he came to the door to let you in almost immediately. He was in the process of drying his hair with a towel when he opened the door, so you assumed that he had just showered.

You stepped inside of his house and he locked the door behind you. He put his towel aside and leaned in, giving you a short, but sweet, kiss.

He grabbed your hand and led you up the stairs and into his room. As soon as you entered his room, he began kissing you softly once again. You looped your arms around his neck when he rested his hand on your stomach underneath your shirt.

You led him to his bed where he took a seat as you started to lightly suck on his neck. You realized you weren't getting the reactions you usually get, so you looked up at him. The dark haired boy's eyes looked tired and his eye bags were apparent.

You looked at him concerned as you examined his face. He looked at you, confused. "What's wrong?" you asked him.

"Nothing. I'm just a little tired, that's all," he responded before leaning again to kiss you again, but you stopped him before he could.

"Stop. You should rest instead. You had practice all day this week," you told him before you got up off the bed.

"But I wanted to make you feel good today," he complained, standing up in front of you and placing his hands on either side of your waist.

"We can just do this another day. It's fine, trust me," you assured him. He nodded. You two sit in silence for a few minutes as you contemplate what to do. You didn't know whether you should stay or go back home.

You already drove here, and if you left after only ten minutes, it would be a waste of gas.

"Are you gonna stay?" he asked.

"Do you want me to?"

"I mean, I wouldn't mind a little company," he admitted.

You glanced at the clock that read '7:02'. You had already gotten all of your homework done after school, so you had nothing to do. Kenma also had one of his friends, Hinata, over at your house so you didn't want to disturb them.

"Okay, I'll stay," you said. He grinned at your response. "I'm not staying because I like you or anything, so don't get that into your head."

Kuroo raised his arms up in defeat. "I wasn't! I swear."

"I'm only staying because Kenma has a friend over," you explained.

"Which friend? And why didn't he invite me?" Kuroo questioned, clearly annoyed at Kenma for 'excluding' him.

You replied, "I think his name is Hinata. He goes to Karasuno or something."

Kuroo gasped, placing his hand over his chest in shock. "Him? He called me rooster-head!"

You started to laugh, hunching over from how funny that was. You started to frown sarcastically before saying, "Aw, is rooster-head jealous that his best friend is hanging out with someone else without him?"

"Shut up," he replied, crossing his arms in front of his chest. He walked over to his bed again and laid down with all of his limbs spread across the bed, taking up all of the space. "Coach Nekomata is usually chill, but recently he's been making us work really hard."

"Is it because of the three day trip to Fukurodani?"

"How do you know about that?" he asked.

"Because my brother is on your team, duh," you answered while rolling your eyes.

"Oh, right. Well, yeah, so a bunch of teams are gonna be going to Itachiyama Institute for three days to scrimmage each other and practice with each other. Don't worry, it's not for another month. But you'll have to savor the days you have left with me until I leave," he said with a wink.

"I'll be perfectly fine by myself, don't worry," you assured him.

"If you need any help with any... problems... I'll just be one phone call away."

"I will not be having phone sex with you, Kuroo," you told him.

"The offer will always be on the table, princess," he encouraged.

You shook your head before trying to change the subject. "So, Kenma's making a lot of new friends?" you asked Kuroo. You love your little brother, but you'll be leaving for college soon. With your parents not being around as much due to their work, you sometimes worry for Kenma.

"Yeah, he's gotten out of his comfort shell little by little," he answered, sitting up on the bed more instead of laying down. "Especially with the ginger kid."

"That's good. I just worry about him sometimes, you know, because I'll be leaving for college soon," you explained. You took a seat next to him on the bed.

"Do you know where you want to go yet?" Kuroo asked.

"I applied to a couple schools in Tokyo and a couple ones abroad," you told him. Kuroo gulped at your mention of going to school abroad. "I'm not sure if I'll even get into them, though."

Kuroo chuckled as if he thought that what you just said was funny. "Y/N, you can go to any school you want to go to. You're the smartest in the school. You're involved in so many clubs and activities. If any of the universities that you applied to don't accept you, they're completely missing out."

Heat rose to your cheeks. Kuroo was actually being... kind of sweet?

"Thank you," you responded with a shy smile on your face.

Your mind suddenly went back to yesterday when Ayame told you that she liked Kuroo. You wanted to ask him about her, but you didn't want to pry since all the two of you were were friends with benefits.

You ultimately decided to keep it to yourself. After all, she asked you not to tell him, and you would feel bad if you did. Although, he probably already knows that she likes him, since he had his arm around her during the party.

Kuroo passed you a remote. "Do you want to watch a movie or something?"

"Sure," you replied, taking the remote from his hand. "Let's watch a romance movie!"

Kuroo gave you a disapproving look. "How about a horror?"

"We're watching a romance movie or I'm driving back home right now."

And so, you spent your Thursday night laying down next to Kuroo, forcing him to watch one of your favorite rom-com movies with you. You also spent it realizing that, all along, Kuroo wasn't as bad as you thought he was.