01. the party

LMK

'the party'

You needed this. This entire week had been so incredibly stressful, even though it had only been a week since school started back up again from winter break. This party was exactly what you were looking for to loosen you up.

Your younger brother, Kenma, is a starter on the volleyball team which automatically meant you were invited to all the volleyball after-parties. This particular one was being hosted at your own house since your parents were on a business trip for the weekend. You usually take your best friends, Hana and Sora, with you, but Hana was out of town with her parents and Sora was out with a cold.

You head over to a wall so that you could lean against it while you drink out of your red solo cup. You didn't feel in the mood to socialize.

Music blasted through the many speakers in your house. Your house is nice and big, due to your dad having a high position in one of the most successful companies in Tokyo. This meant that this was the usual spot for many of the parties among the students at your school.

Taking a sip of your drink, you glance around the room to see some familiar faces. Your brother was playing pool with one of his friends on the team, Haiba Lev. His teammate, Morisuke Yaku, was getting more drinks at the drink table.

All was fine until you spot the bane of your existence: Kuroo Tetsurou.

You hate everything about that guy with every fiber of your being. Except for, maybe, his annoyingly handsome face. Being the captain of the volleyball team, he easily gets all the girls to fall head over heels for him, just to get rid of them the morning after and move on the next weekend. It makes you want to throw up since you don't understand how someone can be so cruel to people's feelings. Thankfully, none of your close friends have been involved with him so you've never directly had to deal with the heartbreak that he causes.

You make your feelings clear about Kuroo Tetsurou, and practically the whole school knows that the both of you don't like each other.

He currently had one of his arms around a girl, while the unoccupied one took a sip out of his drink. The middle blocker seemed to notice your eyes on him because he started to look up and make direct eye contact with you.

His hair was in his usual messy state, which made him look all the more appealing. A smug smirk appeared on his face as he refused to break eye contact for another few seconds. He turned his focus to the girl next to him when she started talking to him.

You wondered if that girl was the next victim for tonight.

You heard someone coming toward you, so you looked to the side and saw Sugawara Koshi. You two had a fling last year for a month, but after he asked you to be his girlfriend, you told him you weren't looking for a serious relationship. You two decided to be friends afterward.

He gives you a smile. "Hey. Didn't know you'd be here tonight," he said jokingly.

This made you laugh. "Yes, well, it is my house, Suga."

Suga goes over to lean against the spot on the wall next to you. You start to make conversation with him. He's the only person here that's actually worth talking to. All of the others are mostly the football team and some are cheerleaders that make you lose brain cells while talking to them.

You don't even know why you show up to these things sometimes, and everyone thinks that about you as well. You're at the top of your class and the school thinks that you'd rather be studying on a Friday night. But, sometimes, you just want to have a little fun.