08. mine

mature content warning

The following Friday, the volleyball team played Aoba Johsai in a practice match. The bleachers were filled even more than they were when they played Fukurodani a few weeks ago.

Supposedly, there was a guy on the other team who pulled even more girls than Kuroo, which was a shocker.

Kenma asked you to come to his game tonight, but you had an extracurricular activity, so you could only make the last thirty minutes of it.

You hated the feeling of everyone watching you when you walk in late to a game, so you just decided to watch from next to the entrance, not bothering to take a seat in the crowd.

It was currently in the third set, and you heard chatters from the crowd that apparently Kuroo hadn't been playing good so far. You felt bad, he was probably just having an off day since all athletes have them.

You kept your focus on the game, and Kuroo was on the bench since it wasn't his turn to go in for the libero yet. He looked up into the crowd, seemingly looking for someone. Then, he turned his head towards you, making eye contact. He immediately grinned and you smiled back at him.

These days, you and Kuroo have been getting along way more. On the days that the both of you were too tired to do anything sexual, you would just lay in bed and watch different movies together. Obviously, you had to rotate between horrors and rom-coms.

You now would consider him more of a friend than just a fuck buddy.

Yaku came out of the court and Kuroo went back in. A few points in, he was already making a big impact. He already had 3 kills in the span of 5 points. So, you were wondering why people were saying he was doing bad.

A thought creeped into your head. Is he doing good now that I'm here?

No, you shouldn't think that. You guys just had a physical relationship, nothing more.

You took out your phone and shot a text to Hana and Sora, telling them to wait for you once the crowd was out of the bleachers.

The game was over after about twenty more minutes, Nekoma only winning by two points in the third set. You waited for the crowd to be almost empty and then walked to find Hana and Sora. You immediately spotted them and they greeted you.

"Seijoh's captain is so hot," Hana sighed dreamily.

"People are literally lining up outside of the locker room to say hi to him," Sora said, pointing to the locker room where a long line of girls was visible.

"You two are going to the party after this, right?" you ask, changing the topic. "It's at me and Kenma's house tonight."

"Yeah, I don't want to miss it. We missed the last one that you hosted at your house, remember?" Sora reminded you. You knew exactly which party she was talking about, because that was the beginning of your relationship with Kuroo.

"I remember."

"And she wants to go because Semi's going to be there," Hana added, rolling her eyes.

"Not this again," you groaned.

"So you're telling me if your ex wrote numerous songs for you, you wouldn't go back to him?" Sora asked.

"I wouldn't, because Semi is the most toxic man on this planet," you answered, causing Hana to shake her head in agreement. Sora shrugged.