Ch27 In Castle's dark ground

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing, I need this information for my allies, which we share by the way." Kaya winked at him, perplexed Gajeel frowned at that comment.

"What do you mean?" the man did not have the time to protest, Kaya pushed him behind a pillar, she placed back her restraining bracelet on her wrist. Gajeel narrowed his gaze in front of her. She shrugged, cloaking herself. Two people advanced towards the massive gate.

"So this is Eclipse, the door to the destruction of Zelef?" questioned the voice of what looked like the general Arcadios' voice. I could observe the scene without being seen.

"Yes, princess Hisui requested that we kidnap a celestial mage possessing most of the twelve zodiac keys. The operation failed the first time, fortunately those fairy tail thinks it is Raven Tail's fault. What fools!"

Kaya frowned, recognizing the name of her friend. Could it be that she was the princess of Fiore? Hisui was behind all that ruckus? Feeling her companion flinch under the mockery.

Her free hand maintained Gajeel in his place. "We absolutely need all the twelve keys to open the Eclipse Gate?" asked the other. Inspecting the smaller person, Kaya discerned the silhouette of the first Minister.

"The princess only needs to reunite the keys for a small amount of time, she's a celestial mage too, she just has to establish a temporary link with them." taught Arcadios.

"Are you sure the plan will work? Going back in time to slay Zeref will surely cause chaos. Messing up with time provokes huge consequences." Darton worried.

"Trust the princess, she knows what she's doing." Kaya waited till both men left the place. Exhaling, she uncloaked herself. Gajeel stuttered, the woman could disappear in the blink of an eye on command.

"So was it all that project about exactly?" He interrogated the woman, who seemed aghast.

"As they said, but the problem is that the tool they use emits too much dark energy to cause anything good..." she rubbed her neck, turning back on her feet.

"Where are you going? Can we find an exit from another direction?" Gajeel spat out.

"If you want to be interrogated and thrown in jail, that's your choice. Feel free to go this way. There are hundreds of guards in the castle. It is safer to go back from where we came. And we'll look less suspicious going back from where you fell."

With those words, they retraced their way back, Gajeel was exhausted. The fight added to all this walk was too much. Kaya helped through the staff passage. "You work here?"

Anya snorted, "Somehow, we can say it that way."

The iron mage frowned, the wizard remained elusive in all of her answers. That annoyed Gajeel to a high extent. Finally out of the Domus Flau, Kaya started to depart from her ex companion, when he grabbed her hand. "You, did we meet before?"

Kaya smiled wryly, she slipped through his hand and cloaked into thin air. "Well that was really suspicious." thought Gajeel out loud.

Back home, I called Ultear to give her the information, when Jellal asked that they be reunited in person as they were with a stranger. I accepted, wondering who could be the unknown person entering her own home.

Half an hour later, four people passed my door. I reckoned the first three while I glanced at the fourth one still hiding behind her cloth. I went to push the sheets to block sight from my window. "My home is safe, you can show your face." I told her.

A trembling hand brushed the cloak past her head, my eyes broadened, noting the blonde hair in front of me. A face I saw that very morning being beaten by Minerva of Sabertooth. The imitation of Lucy displayed no injuries.