Ch24 Strange encounters

Start from the beginning

"What a pain in the ass! I don't want to!" she moaned all tipsy. Kaya laughed at the ridiculousness of her conduct, she will not remember what she did tomorrow. But the light-mage will. Kaya caressed her cheeks, and left the tavern to go home.

On her way home, she had to pass through the royal garden. Feeling the presence of two drained powers, she approached the auras with worries. The garden was a labyrinth she knew by heart since she spent so much time there. "Is there someone here?" she demanded.

Just then, Kaya's eyes widened and flabbergasted, recognizing the girls knocked out on the marble floor, Kaya hushed to them, dirtying her long skirt, she knelt closer to Wendy and Carla. A dark power floated in the air, Kaya removed her bracelet, placing it in her bag, she invoked her healing power on both Fairies.

Hearing the footsteps of a stranger in the park, Kaya stopped her actions, fleeing away. She observed the person from the bushes, saving them. Reassured it was the caring Lisanna, Kaya left the scene. Hoping secretly that no one saw her, thinking about it, she put back in place the jewel to hide her powers.

Satisfied with the help she gave, Kaya paced forward, hurrying to reach her beloved house, and her precious bed.

"So that's all for today, thank you everyone for your hard work!" thanked our boss. I successfully gained a job in the Domus Flau as a cleaning lady. That was the perfect cover for me, I could stick around everywhere where with the argument of cleaning here and there. The first day of the tournament flew by without many things happening.

I laughed so hard, when I witnessed Jellal among the team B of fairy tail. I'm going to find him, then confront him, I do extra work for what now? I was changing into my usual clothes, when I crossed past the infirmary of Fairy Tail. Noticing only three were there, I felt that only Polyusica occupied the room.

Pushing the door with a gentle gesture, the creak of the door notified my presence to the famous healer. "Who are you?" she spat with a cold face.

I paced forward, smiling at the old hag, she had not changed a bit since I last saw her. "It's been a while..." I responded, my eyes landing on the wind dragon slayer and her exceed sleeping peacefully.

Hesitant, my hand removed the restraining device to my wrist, "What are you doing!" raised up Polyusica, stopping my hand on the two unconscious girls. "I'm only going to repeat myself once, who are you?"

The healer threw daggers at me, I removed my hand from her grasp. "Come on, you don't remember?" I asked, my eyes looking in hers without flinching. Polyusica frowned until a light spread on her face.

"You?" My grin broadened, my arms reaching her to hug her. "It has been a while.

The old woman escaped swiftly out of the embrace. "Who would've thought you'd turned into such a beautiful lady, Kaya!" The eyes of the old woman did not leave the woman, inspecting her from head to toe. "So, it was you who marked them with your magic, I'm reassured."

I rubbed my neck, embarrassed, the hag couldn't turn her gaze away from me. I still didn't like the attention on me. "Yeah, I found them before Happy and Lisanna. But I didn't have time to fully heal them. I wanted to check on them after everyone went out."

Polyusica frowned before the mentions of the other members. "Why didn't you come back to them?", the old sorceress questioned with annoyance. "The whole guild has searched everywhere these past few months. No one could find a clue on where you went. The Thunder God Tribe did not spare one moment to find you."

Those last words stuttered me, Laxus searched for me. My vision lowered on my feet, a wave of shame sucked on my shoulder. "It's complicated." I said.

I turned to the two sleeping beauty, my hands touched their forehead with carefulness. I removed my bracelet. A wave of energy reached Polyusica making her jolt. "That's why, no one could find you, huh? You hide your powers behind a tool seal?" I nodded.

Gathering powers to the tip of my fingers, lights caressed, then pulsed against the bodies of the patients. A few minutes later, I removed my hands, putting back my bracelet. Polyusica had opened her mouth in awe.

"Their magic is completely back," she remarked. I beamed, proud of my work. "You only took 2 minutes to retrieve their entire magic back, that's incredible!" she complimented before turning back to her normal stern expression.

"I still think you owe me an explanation." she declared with a harsher tone. "You disappeared for 7 years without news, at least, if you don't come back, you can tell me what happened."

Against my will, I sat near the first chair I found. "Let's say I flee away with Jellal and his guild, Crime sorciere, then I settled in Crocus two years ago. I needed to disappear completely for my own safety, moreover, I wasn't welcomed to Fairy Tail. That's why I preferred to live here."

"You chose the biggest city of the country to hide? Are you out of your mind.?" scolded Fairy tail's healer. I shrugged amused at the comments.

"Well, Crocus is the capital of blooming flowers, and I love flowers, the scenery is pretty calm most of the time. And, I changed my identity so...." I taught her with one candid tone, inspecting her reaction.

She shuffled, pinching the bridge of her nose. "That doesn't explain why you did not contact the fairies after their return. Do you still hate Makao for what he ordered?"

I shook my head, her wrinkles worsened on her forehead. "No, I tried to go back, but I don't know... Seven years is a long time, and... I don't know if I am ready to return to them..."

Polyusica punched the back of my head angrily. "Ouch!" I jumped up.

"How dare you! Do you know how much everyone is worried about you? You selfish brat!"

"That hurt!" I retorted, my hands massaging the bruises I was going to have.

"Not as much as the others waiting for you. Kaya, everyone wants you to return to Magnolia." she revealed, "Not only that, your old man can't stop stressing about you, his grandson fusses every time about your situation. You owe them the truth too, they have a right to know you're doing okay."

Staring at Polyusica, I started to understand how much she cares for the guild. Even if she displayed the opposite, she worried about us as the grandma of the guild. I nodded to her words, "I will, but, can I ask you to keep quiet about this. I want to take time, I will return, I promise. But, I need time." I demanded anxiously, I wished she'd agree to my request.

"Fine. Now go, I sense someone is getting closer to here, you don't want to be discovered, don't you?"

Obeying, I quickly got out of the infirmary, her words stuck into my mind. Lowering my gaze, a large silhouette passed by my sides. I hushed towards the stairs to exit rapidly from the Domus Flau.

 I hushed towards the stairs to exit rapidly from the Domus Flau

------------

Hope you liked this episode, the story will be even more interesting from now. Stay tuned not to miss any interesting scenes. Also sorry for the long chapter? I guess.