Chapter 4

We were in a modern restroom. I quickly got up and practically ran to a vacant cubicle. I slammed the door shut and locked it before relieving myself. After flushing, I walked out to see amusement on Michael's face. "That's quite the bladder you've got on you." He smiled and the dimple graced his face. He is quite handsome and even a little cute, but that did not stop me from getting mad at him for making fun of me. Mr. Wulf and Michael would get along just great if you ask me.

I just threw daggers at him with my eyes while walking over to the basin and washing my hands. I heard him chuckle softly and turned to splash water all over him by making 'stars' with my wet hands. He let out a girly squeal before turning on his heels and running away from me. At least, he tried to run away. The restroom was relatively large, but not large enough for playing a game of tag. He realized this and changed tactics. He spun on his heels and started to run towards me, making me turn around and run away from him.

Our laughter filled the room and his long legs soon caught up to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, making me scream out and laugh at the same time. He pulled me closer to his chest and the butterflies went crazy. He started pulling me towards the basin and opened the tap to full blast before sticking his hand under the cold water and angling the gush of water at me, completely soaking me from head to toe. I struggled against his arm while gasping for breath through the laughter. His rich, deep laugh vibrated through his chest which was pressed to my back.

He finally let me go and I ran to one of the cubicles. He had quickly closed the tap and was once again running after me. He cornered me in the cubicle and I put my hands up defensively while still laughing breathlessly. He had a toothy grin on his face and his dimple was prominent. "Did you think that I was done with you after what you pulled?" He asked and moved one step closer. I started nodding my head, trying to read his reaction. He lifted an eyebrow and I immediately changed my head's motion from yes to no.

His eyes darkened as he looked somewhere beneath my face and realization kicked me in the face. I was wearing a white blouse with a light blue bra underneath. His smile dropped as he moved closer to me. I took in a sharp breath and locked my eyes with his. The butterflies felt like they were on fire and I struggled to get a sensible thought through my head. He lifted a hand and tucked a wet curl behind my ear, his eyes following the movement of his hand. My breath caught when his eyes snapped back to mine. He moved his hand to my cheek and slowly moved his hand along my jaw. His thumb gently grabbed onto my chin and lifted my face to his.

He looked into my eyes as if searching for permission to kiss me. I barely nodded my head, but he caught it and lightly pressed his plump lips on mine. My heart felt like it was about to explode. He slowly started to move his lips against mine and I thought I might die. At least I would die a happy woman. The click of a door made him pull away from me, looking as dazed as I'm sure I looked. He quickly removed his suit jacket and draped it over my shoulders, pulling at the folds to ensure I was entirely covered. His eyes met mine with an intensity that said that we would finish this later.

The team to arrive after us was not Will and Sandy. They eyed our wet clothes and stayed a few feet away from us at all times as if we had some sort of disease. I was entirely fine with that. We waited in the restroom for three hours before all eight of us were present. Will and Sandy were the last team to make it through their door. An intercom near the ceiling let out a loud screech before the receptionist's voice filled the room. "Please proceed to the door marked as the exit. The next round of your interview will be behind that door. Good luck." Her voice cut off and left us in an awkward silence.

The team, who arrived after Michael and I, made the first move towards the door. They walked through and soon we all filed into the next escape room. Michael walked close to me as if he was guarding me. His face looked so serious and I longed to see his adorable dimple. "This is so much fun." I said trying to ease the tension away. He showcased his dimple and nodded his head in agreement. The smile didn't leave his face and his eyes lit up when he saw the next escape room. "Finally, a room that has a purpose." He sighed and walked in as if he owned the place.

The next round of our interview was in a fully stocked, modern kitchen. There were four working stations equipped with stainless steel appliances. Behind each working station stood a large, double-door fridge. Just as Michael grabbed for the handle, the TV flicked on and the receptionist started talking.

"Patience is key, Michael. I'm glad all of you remembered your name tags. This round of your interview will be slightly different. You must all be very hungry by now. To escape this room, you and your chosen partner must wow the judges with a late afternoon lunch. The top three ranked teams will receive the key to a padlock. If you look to the right of the room, you will notice three separate ladders that lead to trap doors with a padlock on each. You have to make a serving large enough for three people. One serving for the judge and then a serving for each of you to enjoy before the next round of elimination. This round will be timed. Each team gets half an hour to ready their meals. Good luck and bon appétit."

The stopwatches above the stations flickered on and displayed in red: 30:00. The clock started to count down and everyone rushed to a working station. "What do you want to make?" Michael asked with excitement in his eyes. "Let's do smoked ham sandwiches." I said looking through the fridge. "My favorite, how did you know?" He asked while holding onto his shirt over his heart and looking at me dramatically. I giggled and smacked his shoulder. "No goofing around. We only have a few minutes to finish the task at hand." I said and moved to butter the bread. "Not even a little bit?" He asked while trying to balance the ham, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, and mayonnaise in his hands.

"Okay, maybe a little, but not enough to waste any time." I roll my eyes with a smile tugging at my lips. He smiled brightly and nodded his head. He was a big goofball, but he stuck to his word. We worked like two in-sync dancers, moving around each other and making the most delicious sandwich that I have ever tasted. Michael moaned as he took his first bite out of his sandwich. "I'm starving." He said with a mouth full of food. The judge just smiled and nodded at him as he took another large bite out of the sandwich. After that, we ate in silence until the team next to us got up and moved to the ladders. We watched them climb up into the next room. Our judge gave us our key when we finished our meal and we headed over to the ladders.

"Ladies first?" Michael smiled and motioned at the ladder. I rolled my eyes at him before mounting the ladder. "I swear you only let me go first because you want to stare at my butt." I said and started climbing up the ladder, not even waiting for his reply. I heard him say, "True." under his breath and rolled my eyes again. He started to climb up the ladder and steadied me while I unlocked the padlock and pushed the trap door open. I climbed further up the ladder and into the next room. Michael followed shortly after me and looked around.