45.

I, along with the girls, had accompanied Charles on his trip to Barcelona for the Spanish Grand Prix. Pascale and Arthur had also joined us; Pascale had been a godsend in looking after the girls while I worked and Charles was training. During my time with Charles, I became very close to Pascale, and I came to think of her as a second mother. Our Thursday arrival in Barcelona was timed to coincide with Charles's media obligations for the race. Pascale had offered to watch the girls for the evening so that Charles and I could go out on a date, knowing that we wouldn't see much of each other during race weekend. We'd made it a point to go on a date in every place he raced in, and tonight was no exception.

liked by nataliepinkham, charlottesiine, landonorris and 14,536,467 others

tagged: madeleineleclerc

charlesleclerc: Date night tradition before race weekend ❤️

Qualifying

P1- CHARLES LECLERC

P2- LANDO NORRIS

P3- MAX VERSTAPPEN

liked by heidiberger, pascaleleclerc, charlesleclerc and 35,468 others

tagged: charlesleclerc

madeleineleclerc: Good Luck Daddy, we are so proud of everything you do.  Love your girls 💗

After giving Charles a good luck kiss and watching as he made his way into the car for the race, I head towards the back of the garage where Charles had had his staff create a play area with a sofa for the girls as we were at every race. I sat on the couch with Pascale and Arthur while the girls played with their new toys from Charles' shopping spree on the floor around us. It would be an understatement to say that the girls had Charles wrapped around their fingers, but I was certain that he looked for an excuse to indulge them at any opportunity that arose. We watch the race on the huge screen mounted on the wall; Charles was having a relatively easy time of it, maintaining his lead and opening up a 26-second gap from Lando. Since his race was going so well, I'm embarrassed to admit that I took my eyes from the TV to watch poor Arthur wear a tiara and have a princess tea party with the girls. The sound was ear-splitting, and it was quickly followed by a cacophony of cries. After his accident, I couldn't stop the memories from pouring back, even though I knew deep down it couldn't be Charles because I had been keeping a conscious listen out for when he was scheduled to pit and I knew he was still on track. When I look up at the monitor, I see what can only be described as total destruction. Even before I could turn to Pascale on my left, I heard her say, "Go sweetheart, you're needed."