Chapter 7

Merry Christmas everybody!!
Surprise update since it's CHRIStmas😌
----------------------

A wolf.
An insanely big, black wolf looked back at her with its golden eyes.

She quickly shut the window closed and prayed for that animal not to attack her through the window.

She sank in the water so now only her eyes were out of the water trying to calm her down.

But that wolf was unnaturally big. And where did it come from? The mansion is in the middle of the capital. No wolf dares to come this close to humans. But that animal was so big, was it an alpha? Or just some kind of mutant? How did it come here? Did General Bang have it as a pet? She wouldn't be that surprised if that was the case. He was weird, so distant from everyone and had so many secrets.

She couldn't stop thinking about that wolf through the whole night so she couldn't really sleep. She definitely has to ask General Bang about it tomorrow.

On the other hand, he didn't sleep either.
He and Bin had been awake all-night wandering around the residence.

He couldn't help it. There was a strong, unfamiliar smell coming from her courtyard.
He couldn't stop his instincts especially now, they were way stronger. He had to check it.

He arrived at the courtyard and the floral scent was too strong. His nose could barely take it.

He went closer to find the source of this strong fragrance. He found it. It was from inside her room. He went to the outside of the area where it was the strongest.

But while going there he made some noises.
He froze.
She must have noticed him.

The window above him opened slightly and he could only stare at her. He didn't know what to do. His legs didn't move. He watched as her eyes grew big and silently shock and fear took over her. She quickly shut the window.

He stood there for some minutes trying to process what happened and trying to get out of his also shocked state.

Embarrassment took over him when he realized what was the source of the floral scent.

She was taking a bath. But it wouldn't be that embarrassing itself, what made it worse that he even saw her, her bare arms and shoulders. If he could, his face would be all red by now.
But she was beautiful, her pale skin and her collarbones showing off nicely.
What is he thinking about again?

The next morning, the first thing she did was to see him and ask him about that wolf.

But what surprised her was the reaction he had to her question.
His ears and later face turned red. What was embarrassing about a wolf scaring her to death? Or is he sick? She was so confused.

He didn't know what to respond. If he told her it came from a close forest, she wouldn't believe that because they are in the middle of the capital. What should he say?

"Is it your pet I didn't know of?" She asked.

Her mind is wild. But it was a good one.
"Uhm, yes." He answered unsure.

"Then can I see it? It actually looked beautiful, and I also like animals, maybe I can be friends with it." She asked excited.

"Well, not really. It's not really social, I'm afraid it might hurt you." He tried to make her forget that terrible idea.
But he felt so good that she said he looked beautiful.

"It's ok, I'm good with animals." She tried to persuade him.

"No." That was all he answered with.

She now realized that the empress's words were right, he was so stubborn.
If it weren't for him, she would have already convinced anyone to let her see that wolf.