Chapter 3

Omg I'm so sorry! Just realized I didn't put up a chapter on the 30th of november😭😭

So to make it up for you I give you a double update today!!🥳
-------------------------------

The carriage finally reached the palace and riding in there for a bit more it stopped.

A maidservant's hand peaked in her limited sight because of the kerchief on her head. She took it and that hand helped her out of the vehicle also up some stairs.

As soon as she reached the top of the stairs, she could feel so many people's presence. The whole royal family and all the nobles must have been there.

The maidservant led her next to somebody, her husband-to-be, and gave one of the red ribbon's ends which they had to hold and walk with.

The ritual was long, and she could only see her toes for the whole time.
But fortunately, or maybe not, the end of the day came which meant the now husband and wife had to get into their room. The newlyweds in one room with one bed. She will manage it. At least she can take off the kerchief and finally see properly.

And pang, the door behind them closed. There they were sitting on the bed next to each other. She turned to him waiting for him to eventually take off the kerchief.

A few minutes later two strong hands appeared in her sight. They held the red material of the kerchief and slowly lifted it up.
She didn't dare to look up yet. What if it's actually one of the princes or an old weird man.

The hands took the kerchief off her head completely, exposing her hair accessories too.
He carefully folded the kerchief and placed it on her lap. She immediately touched the cloth and started to fidget with the fine material nervously.

She slowly raised her head being so afraid of the sight she is going to see.
She saw the red clothes first. Then the broad shoulders. She suddenly thought of how hard it can be for the tailors to find so much material for his clothes. Then she saw the thick neck, he must be in a good shape then. The strong jaw, the plump, pinkish lips, the, a bit big nose and then the piercing, kind of small, dark eyes. He was handsome, very handsome.

He looked at her judging. She didn't know what to do so she looked down again.
But suddenly a strong hand came in her sight, held her chin and lifted it up. This movement shocked her so much that her whole body started to tremble.

He judged her face, turning it to the left and to the right.

"Not bad..." He mumbled to himself.

She looked at him in disbelief of what he just said and caught him looking at her up and down checking her out. This made her anxious. And he saw it on her.

"I'm not going to touch you." He spoke.

She sighed silently, relieved, but also hurt. The tone he spoke in was like she was a disgusting snail he would never touch, and the informal words.

She started to fidget with the kerchief again. However, he stood up. This relieved her even more.

"So, who are you?" He spoke again.
This surprised her, she thought at least one of them knew who they will marry.

"C-Cheng Qiqi." She replied.

"Ah, the one convincing anybody with only words." He seemed to realize.

"Am I this famous?" She asked.

"Yeah. But don't worry I don't believe your so-called skills." He shrugged and looked around the room.
It was fully decorated with red ribbons, he started to get sick of them.

"Why? Who are you?"

"A soldier, General which one you like more."

"That tells everything." She spoke.

He looked back at her with one eyebrow raised, asking why.

"You said you are a General, you solve everything with sword."

Silence came. She was right and he couldn't deny it. Both of them sank in their own thoughts.

"You still didn't tell your name." She finally spoke.

"Bang Chan. General Bang or something like this."

He seemed not to be really into the happenings, but she was glad for that. However, the casual style he spoke in bothered her. It was like he didn't respect her.

"The thing is. We wait a little and then I'm going to sneak out of here, you stay here and if somebody asks, I went to the restroom or something, ok? Don't mess up my plan." He spoke trying to look out to the corridors through the rice paper walls.

He didn't see that she nodded.
But then she thought it through.

"Uhm..." She started unsure.

"What?" He turned back to her.

"I-I will need some help with my hair pieces and clothes."
She felt so embarrassed.

"Come on, I'm trying to be nice here and you? You really want it?"

She started blushing so hard.
"No, no, no, no. It's the truth, I'm not trying to find excuses. I can't take it off myself. I can't reach the back of my clothes, especially not with all these hairpieces in. Just help me remove these and one button at the back and you can go." She now tried to use her convincing skills.

"Fine..."
He went to her and standing next to the girl he started to take out the hundreds of hairpieces and put them in her hand she held for him.
She also started to take out some.
He tried to be quick and careful at the same time. Why was it embarrassing for him?

They managed to get the last piece out of her hair too and the straight silky black locks finally fell down to her back.
He wanted to go to the door, but she spoke.

"The buttons..."
He turned back again, and she took her hair out of the way, turning a little so he can reach them better.

He unbuttoned the first two buttons.
She waited a little after, thinking if she could take it off now on her own, she even moved a little to make sure.

"One more." She spoke finally.

"Gosh, you're begging me?"

She turned red.
"No, please just do it and you can leave. I'll manage the others."

He stepped a bit closer and extended his arm to reach it and unbuttoned the one in the middle of her back.
His sight slid down a bit looking at the remaining three buttons, and not being able to focus on only the buttons he unintentionally started to admire the size difference between the smallness of her waist and her hips.
He realized what he did and felt even more embarrassed he turned around and left the room.

She was finally alone.
She sighed and got ready to sleep.