Chapter 6

They made it safely to the royal palace and the memories of their wedding started to come back.
Well, mostly for him because he saw the surroundings, not just his toes like her.

The servants led them to the hall which was nicely decorated as for the princess wish. They used flowers and pink bows to make it more girly and welcoming for the young princess.

A servant showed them their seats. They had to sit separately, she in the women's area and he in the men's area.

She didn't really mind it first. But then she realized she has to sit with the gossipy ladies, who, of course had higher ranks. And if by misfortune they started gossiping about her, she wasn't allowed to talk back and defend herself.
She could only wish for them not to find a new gossip about her again.
But she was so unlucky.
As soon as they saw her entering the women's seat area they started to speak louder.

"I heard that General Bang's wedding was so unfortunate. I heard he was forced to get married. I guess it's not surprising that he didn't even want to see his wife for months."

How do they know about their private life?

"Yes. How unfortunate. Maybe his now wife wanted to marry him so much that she used some dirty tricks to persuade her father to arrange it."

"How disgusting."

"Maybe she wanted to show people that she can get married. But dear, marriage is not equal to love, you know?" A girl spoke and looked at her, elegantly covering her mouth while laughing sarcastically.

"How pathetic."

"I heard she even forced General Bang to make changes in his mansion."

"She maybe wanted to show that she has power now?" More girls laughed.

Those people. Disgusting. How do they know what they do in their own mansion? And they even twist the truth to make odious gossips.

She was about to indecently stand up and leave the girls when a servant announced the royal family's arrival.
But luckily, with that announcement the girls had to keep quiet too.

She watched as the emperor, the empress, and their two sons and two daughters walked in and took their seats. The men members of the family in the men's area and the women members in the women's seating area.

When the empress walked past her, Her Majesty smiled at her even though she couldn't see because she had to bow to greet the empress.

Her Majesty was happy to see her, however she didn't know that her husband's brilliant plan is not yet working.
She thought that the two had a close and loving relationship. Bold of her to think that. If they are not forced to be close to each other, they will avoid the other as much as they can. But these days. Their relationship changed a bit. They are not afraid to meet, to go to each other. They grew closer.
Maybe her plan will soon work.

The banquette happened to become a calm and happy event. The princess got plenty of good wishes and gifts for her birthday.
And the girls didn't dare to gossip in front of the royal family either so she could have a calm time too.

However, when his time came to wish the princess a happy birthday, something happened that even she wasn't expecting.

He didn't let her speak.
This wouldn't be that unexpected if she wasn't a master of words.
All the guests there knew that she could speak very well, they even looked forward to it. But to their disappointment, they couldn't hear her clever words.

The empress looked confused towards her husband. She didn't know they weren't in good terms.
The emperor looked at her just as confused. He didn't like the fact that his plan wasn't working. He has to have a word with them later.