32

Ch32 - Uncle, are you okay?

(unedited)

Xie Mu happily released his power. Overnight, all of the Xie family’s power had transferred to Xie Shi. No one had expected it, including Xie Shi himself. 

Early the next morning, Zhang An, who had just received the news, rushed over.

“Grandfather, why have you come?”  Xie Shi had not slept all night. At this moment, the bags under his eyes looked bruised, but his appearance was still handsome as he smiled, looking very cheerful.

Xiao Shi, I heard that your uncle…” The white-haired old man looked around vigilantly to make sure there was no one else around before frowning. “He wants to transfer the inheritance to you?” 

Zhang An didn’t wait for his grandson to reply before going on a road of suspicion. “What if this is a conspiracy? He’s basically giving this to you after taking care of things for the past three years. Everything was fine, why did he have to give it to you?” 

“Grandfather!”

Xie Shi stopped smiling, and lowered his voice. “Don’t be ridiculous. This is the Xie family.”

“It’s a good thing that uncle is willing to give this to me. I can’t even thank him enough, much less doubt what he’s doing.”

Aiyo!” Zhang An’s expression was as hard as iron. “What a stupid child. This is a thing your father left you three years ago. You were still young then, but you can’t have an outsider take advantage of it.”

“He has occupied the position as master of the Xie family for three years. The scenery up top is infinite. He is the one who should be grateful!”

Xie Shi frowned tightly, but didn’t say anything.

His thoughts had run around in confusion all of the previous night. He couldn’t figure out why Xie Mu would be willing to return the Xie family’s power to him.

Three years ago, when his father died, Xie Shi had been studying abroad. When he received the news, Xie Mu had already become the head of the Xie family. An outsider had actually become the master of the Xie family. 

Xie Shi grew up with his mother abroad. He didn’t really have many feelings about the man he called his father, but he had been good at observing people since childhood. He was 100% sure Xie Nanen paid a great deal of attention to blood inheritance.

His requirements for Xie Shi were all in accordance with the requirements of his heir. It had been mentioned more than once that the Xie family would be handed over from parent to child.

Xie Shi was not surprised Xie Nanen would have this idea. In his view, the Xie family was like an ancient feudal  society. The self-proclaimed nobles complied with all kinds of red tape rules in the family.

Everyone wore a mask, hypocritical and disgusting. They said they respected their wives and defended their wives on the surface, but almost everything had mistresses outside. 

They gave birth to children outside, and those children were called bastards and not allowed to enter the genealogy or the inheritance of the family business. No matter how they spoiled the bastard sons, only the legitimate sons received the money.

Xie Shi had grown up in the Xie family for a while when he was a child. He had hated such an environment. Everyone tried to spoil him because he was the son of the head of the family.

But after getting the news of Xie Nanen’s death, what Xie Shi felt was not sadness, but an uncontrollable excitement. This fat piece of meat that was the Xie family had finally fallen into his mouth.