14

Ch14 - Don’t touch me, disgusting

The sun shined through the window onto Tan Tao’s body as he awoke, the warm early morning sunlight alighting onto one’s body just right.

The man on the bed had yet to open his eyes, lips slowly curling into a satisfied smile as the fragrant smell of food gently entered his nose. 

He blinked open his eyes, lazily stretching his body before getting up, and as expected, he saw the youth in the kitchen, wearing an apron, busying around.

At hearing the sounds from behind him, Xie Mu turned around, directing a smile at him.

“Hurry and wash up; it’s almost time to eat.”

The two acted as if they had already lived a lifetime together, tranquil and sweet. 

After he finished washing up, the table was already laden with dishes.

All of them were ones that Tan Tao enjoyed.

“Last time, did you not tell me that you didn’t like bitter melon anymore? Today I didn’t make any.”

Xie Mu pulled out a chair before sitting down, eyes curving as he watched the man smile.

His eyes were full of unadulterated tender feelings, as well as the joy of spending time together with his lover.

Tan Tao spoke, “In a little bit after breakfast, we can go together to see the doctor.”

The brightness in the youth’s pupils slowly faded, the fingertips of his right-hand whitening as they gripped his chopsticks.

Did he want to leave him that much? 

He tried hard to maintain his smile as his body turned cold.

Tan Tao noticed the slight paling of Xie Mu’s face, worriedly setting down his chopsticks. He reached out a hand to test the temperature of his lover’s forehead, his warm voice gently probing, “Not feeling well?”

“No.”

The youth smiled, eyes looking expectantly towards the man, “Let’s go out to play today, how about it?” 

His eyes were very pretty, round with bright pupils, similar to those of a child’s. They contained the entire starlit sky, under which lay all the love he held for Tan Tao.

Tan Tao did not think too much of it. He hesitated a little, wanting his lover to recover his memories as soon as possible.

Currently, his matters on hand were a mess, potentially able to crash at any moment. If Xiao Mu returned, he surely would be able to sort clear those matters.

When he had been Bo Qin’s secretary back then, was it not like so? 

The youth saw his lover’s hesitation.

He had always been very obedient from the time he had woken up at the hospital until now. He was like a beautiful doll without a temper.

He loved Tan Tao and went along with all his desires, unable to bear rejecting his requests.

But, right now, he wanted to be selfish just this once. 

“Today, I don’t want to go to the hospital. Can you accompany me out for a day?” Xie Mu stretched out his hand, placing his ice-cold fingers carefully onto the back of the man’s hand, eyes almost pleading.

Tan Tao didn’t understand why he had to go out today, but seeing the youth’s cautious expression, his heart softened, and he agreed.

“Alright, let’s go out for the day.”