Ch20 A little Bird says 'return'

Start from the beginning

I stuttered and turned to my old great neighbor. "No one, Martha. Some strangers." I lied.

She pushed down her glasses with disdain. "Fortunately, Anya, those people must be rascals. Did you see the tattoo on his face! Atrocious!"

I refrained from any remark to throw at that old witch and mounted up the stairs leading to my flat. Preparing silently to go to work. My night shift began quite late in the night since I asked my chief to arrive later that day.

One year later, arriving at her work early, Kaya met her coworkers who discussed as the customers slowly sat at the table in the evening. She noticed Oklar and Lorine, gossiping about the news. They mostly tended to whisper about the Sabertooth's mages. Lorine craved for the two dragon slayer's abs when they competed each year in the Grand Magic Games.

Thinking they were still bickering about the beauty of the mages, she sighed and she flinched when she heard unexpected news, "Did you hear the news, Fairy Tail's mages have returned after 7 years."

Kaya came closer to them, taken aback. "Yeah! I heard Tenrou Island reappeared on the map!" replied Jamie.

"The rumors say that the mages did not age in 7 years!" added Lorine.

"I can't believe it." Anya declared all aghast.

Both of her coworkers turned to her, "Oh yeah! I remember you were a fan of Fairy Tail? Weren't you Anya?" checked Jamie.

That was the first time Anya looked so perplexed. She composed herself and finished her shift. Jamie frowned, finding his colleague really strange since the beginning of the night. All lost, Kaya left the restaurant, she walked in the cold of the night, her trench only covering her sexy outfit. She hummed in the breeze, playing with the warm air she exhaled.

They were alive! She thought. A million possibilities ran through her mind. She waited so long for that moment, she even gave up the idea of seeing them back. But now, her mind was blurry, she wasn't sure she had the strength to face back Makao and even less the others as she changed so much.

She wasn't the weak teen, who blacked out easily. Feeling someone following her in the empty streets. Her finger clapped, a cloaking made her vanish in the air. Reaching her apartment, she panicked when she found the clench had been forced.

Her feet stomped carefully, not producing any noise. She jumped when her friends greeted her from her couch. "Hey Kaya!" The Crime Sorciere were in her flat.

"Oh! It's you!" she sighed reassured. "I almost had a heart attack." she commented.

Ultear smirked amused at the scared cat who jumped, seeing them all waiting patiently for her. "I suppose you heard the news?" checked Jellal getting back to business.

"Your Fairy Tail's friends returned, you must be happy, right" chanted Meredy with happiness. Kaya frowned a bit, sitting down on a chair.

"I am overwhelmed mostly," she confessed. "I'm happy they got back safely, but I don't know what to do? I'm not sure I'm ready to face them right now."

Ultear and Jellal nodded comprehensively, Meredy, on the other hand, protested, "But they are your friends! You can't hide yourself forever."

"I know... but I still dread the dark guilds, and Tartaros still stands tall" she pointed out.

Ultear shrugged, "Why won't you take a look at Magnolia, then? You can still cloak yourself, and check if everyone's okay. You don't have to rush things. Besides, they might come to the GMG..."

"She has a point" confirmed Meredy childishly. Jellal sighed, approaching Kaya to hug her. "No matter what choice you make, we will help you, okay?" She nodded.

They discussed a bit before letting Kaya sleep, she had plenty of time to make a decision.

------------

Well, that's all for today, guys I hope you liked the following of Kaya's story. 

Here's a pic of how I picture her in my mind, don't forget to hit the liking button, if my writing isn't so bad ;)