Searches

Brian groaned frustrated, setting his crown aside to run his hands agitated through his hair. It'd been 4 months since his coronation ball, and there was still no signs of the former king.

The neighboring countries had contacted him, offering eyes in finding him. He'd gladly accepted, making negotiations in return for aid. But still, nothing had come up.

There was no way anyone was helping him. Everyone had turned their backs on the former king once news had spread about him forbidding a fated bond and his attempt at murdering his children. Children were sacred, and even the worst of the worst wouldn't touch them.

He felt a light pulse through the bond and checked the time, sighing as he noticed it was time for dinner. He rolled up his maps and notes and set them aside, replacing his crown on his head.

He headed out the door, smiling faintly at Daithi, Jon and Kryoz. "You okay?" Daithi asked and Brian shrugged. "Still don't know where that man can be. There's no way he just vanished off the face of the earth," he said frustrated and the three guards shrugged.

"He'll show up. Stressing about it won't make things faster," Kryoz said and Brian nodded with a sigh. They followed Brian's bond to his mates, Brian knowing John was also following his to Tyler's and Smiity's.

They found them all in the dining hall, Lanai, Evan and Brock already sitting with their guards at a different table. Brian and Lanai had changed things a bit, the castle guards being the ones to stand and protect while the royal guards eating nearby so they could rest and be prepared for anything after a meal.

The three smiled brightly at Brian, giving John, Daithi and Jon a wave as they joined the other guards. Brian sat down between Evan and Brock, giving both of them quick kisses before blowing a playful one at Lanai.

"Hows the search going love?" Brock asked softly and Brian rolled his eyes. "Everything is a dud, I swear he vanished into thin air. I just have this awful feeling he's going to show up when we all fall into a false sense of security and do something," he said and Brock kissed the back of his hand.

"We're prepared. Guards are rotated constantly, Lady Janice has extra protection, we all have extra protection, as do the villages. The entire continent is on our side, all the kingdoms. We'll find him," Evan said and Brian nodded.

He knew Evan and Lanai were affected worst by this. After all, he was still their father, and he knew they'd had loads of great memories with him. Brian had asked Evan if he really was okay with all this going on and Evan had just kissed him.

"He tried to kill my sister and you. Nothing is worth that, I want him taken down," he'd reassured him and Brian accepted that. But at the same time, he knew Evan and Lanai were hurting.

Dinner passed smoothly, the royals avoiding the topic and spending their time talking about other things. Once their meal was finished, they all separated to their rooms since Brock and Evan had made a small rule that Brian had to relax in the evenings after dinner.

Brian curled up with his mates in their bed, both of them soundly asleep but he couldn't. His thoughts were racing too much.

Finally after fighting for sleep for about an hour, he gave up and carefully slipped from between Brock and Evan. He dressed silently in simple pants and a loose cotton shirt, holding his shoes in his hands until he reached the hallway.

There he met his night shift guards, tonight's being Matt and Chris. They'd seemed to have decided they'd be the ones to guard him most after his normal three.

They snapped into salute, giving him a curious look. "I'm just headed to my office, no need to worry," Brian said softly and Chris tilted his head. "I'll come with you, Your Majesty. Matt can stay here to guard the princes," he said and Brian shrugged, knowing Brock and Evan would have his head if he walked around without protection.

Rare Ones - Vanoss/Terroriser/Mooजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें