Fates

Brian settled into life at the castle easily. Lanai helped loads, the two wandering the grounds often with their four guards following them. They spent hours just talking, and an easy, strong friendship grew between them.

Daithi and Lui had grown closer too, making John and Brian laugh. Anthony and John were steadfast friends, and both Brian and Lanai enjoyed spending time with the four guards.

At that current moment, the small family were in the informal dining area enjoying lunch. Brian was extra curious that day, knowing the two princes would be returning at any time.

Lanai had told him all about the two, stories of her and Evan growing up and the mischief they'd gotten into. She told him about Brock, a kindhearted Alpha who had a strong protective streak for those he considered friends and family.

Brian couldn't wait to meet them, hoping to have more friends in this strange situation. He often forgot he was supposed to marry Lanai in a few short weeks, their friendship taking over, but there were reminders everywhere.

"Mother? Father? We're home!" He heard and he turned with everyone else to see the two princes and their four guards in the doorway. Brian eyed the two princes curiously, taking them in.

They walked closer and two of the guards stiffened as they passed John, Daithi, Anthony and Lui. Prince Evan and Prince Brock also paused, everyone staring as the two guards turned to stare at John.

One guard let out a low rumble in his chest, John's eyes widening as he stared at him. "Oh my," Queen Janice whispered, Brian's veins flooding with shock as he realised what was happening.

"Tyler?" Evan asked quietly but the Alpha guard didn't turn, him and another guard moving forward to stand in front of John.

"Hi," John whispered, eyes looking up at the Alpha guard before flicking down to look at the other. "That's Smiity, he's Tyler's fated omega. John's a beta, right?" Lanai whispered to Brian and he nodded slowly, eyes wide as John reached out to touch Smiity's hand.

They all gasped at the small flash of golden light that shone at the touch, Tyler reaching out to grab John's hand too. The light grew brighter and Brian and Daithi looked at each other shocked, hearts growing happy at the idea of their best friend finding his fated mates.

"I'm Tyler," the tall Alpha said quietly and John swallowed. "I'm John," he whispered and the smallest man held John's hand tightly. "I'm Smiity," he said and John smiled brightly at the two.

The three guards looked at their charges, eyes questioning. Brian, Prince Evan and Prince Brock all nodded, gesturing for them to leave. The three left the room and the silence left behind was thick with amazement.

Brian had never witnessed fated mates being found, and it had been so incredible. He turned to Lanai who had a similar look of shocked awe on her face.

A tendril of peppermint and hot chocolate drifted forward and enveloped Brian, his body freezing. He heard Prince Evan and Prince Brock freeze and Brian noticed Lanai's eyes widening.

"No fucking way," she whispered and Brian closed his eyes, turning to face the two princes.

Prince Brock's eyes had dilated, his Alpha showing as his eyes locked on the omegas. Brian took a shuddering breath, that peppermint and hot chocolate enveloping every sense he had as he stood shakily to face the two.

He had a tiny amused thought as he noticed he was just taller than both of them, but he was more focused on the way Prince Evan's hand reached out and gently took his own.

A flash of gold shone once more, everyone gasping at the intensity of it. Brian's breath caught as he was flooded with emotions, almost staggering as Prince Brock's hand covered both of theirs.