Cookies

Brian had had the best 17 days of his life. He, Brock and Evan were closer than ever, as was he and Lanai. They'd taken to calling each other jokingly "Husband" and "wife" because technically, that's what they were in the eyes of the public.

Brian felt horrible though, knowing Lanai was stuck in this horrible situation because of him. He'd talked to Brock and Evan two nights before the day they were meant to start back the Foningdom and they'd agreed, so Brian approached Lanai the day before they left.

"Hey wife," Brian greeted cheerfully and Lanai grinned at him. "Hello, husband, do you need something?" She asked and he grinned at her.

"We need a best friend day, so I've already talked to Brock and Evan and they've agreed to take everyone out of the house except for Daithi and Lui and you and I are going to have a day to ourselves," he announced and Lanai lit up.

"Really?" She asked excitedly and he nodded, beaming. "We're both stuck in this marriage, but you're my best friend, and I promised to treat you right. So Liz is letting us have reign of the kitchen and we're going to be  trying to make cookies and then dinner and a drink by the pool, just us two. Everyone is leaving after lunch," he said and she smiled excitedly.

"That sounds so great. But it's our last day of freedom, don't you want to spend it with your mates?" She asked and he shrugged. "I'll have them afterwards, I've been neglecting you these last couple weeks and I'm really sorry. I gotta make it up to my wife, don't I," he teased and she grinned at him.

She kissed his cheek and nudged him with her elbow. "Sounds like a date. I think Liz has lunch ready now actually, shall we go join our family?" She asked and Brian offered her his arm with a grin.

Brian definitely felt as if everyone in this house had become family. Chrissy meshed so seamlessly with the group and Brian had caught Marcel smiling fondly at her several times the last week. She'd made all the arrangements and was returning to Foningdom with them so she could stay with Scotty and Marcel.

Lunch was a happy affair, everyone soaking in their last day of freedom. Brian had his left hand wrapped around Evan's, his ankle hooked with Brock's. He knew when they'd return, he'd have to hide his marks, at least in public and around Evan's father, but for now they were in proud view. Brock always got a look of intense pride and love when he caught sight of them, making Brian feel warm.

After lunch, Brock and Evan surrounded Brian to smother him with kisses, making the omega laugh. "We'll see you in a few hours, Brian, you and your wife have fun, okay?" Brock said teasingly and Brian brought him close for a proper, lingering kiss.

"I will. Hopefully we don't completely fuck up the kitchen too badly and you'll have some cookies to come home to. But no promises, I haven't been in the kitchen properly since I was 11," Brian said jokingly and the two princes rolled their eyes.

"And I don't think Lanai has ever been in the kitchen, so this will be a disaster. Maybe we should leave Liz behind so she can supervise," Evan teased and Brian smacked his chest.

Evan chuckled, pulling Brian close to kiss him deeply. Brian sighed happily into the kiss, pulling away to smile at his mates. "You guys go have some fun, I promise the house will still be standing when you return," Brian said teasingly and the two rolled their eyes.

Brian gave them a push and the two princes left, leaving Lanai, Brian, Daithi and Lui alone in the house. Daithi grinned at Brian, taking Lui's hand to drag him away.

"You two have some fun, we'll be in the backyard," Daithi called and Brian waved, turning to his wife with a grin. "Shall we go make a mess of the kitchen?" He asked and she laughed, nodding excitedly.