Thirteen - Facing the Whispers

Emmi's POV:

Maddox picked Brooks and I up just like every other morning, but instead of excited to go I was dreading it. I didn't want to face all of the whispers about last evening. I didn't even want to face Claire, but I knew I didn't have a choice. So, in order to channel my strength and hold my head high, I wore Chester's college sweatshirt. It still smelt like him, even after six years.

As Brooks and I left the house, Maddox stood outside of his Jeep waiting like a gentleman. He noticed the sweatshirt I was wearing and questioned where my coat was. "I left it at school yesterday on accident. I'll be okay." I assured and he gave me a nod.

Brooks hopped in the back and I slid in the front seat. Maddox shut my door and got in on the other side. He headed to Brooks' school and after he got inside, Maddox looked at me worried. "Need the extra encouragement today?"

I blushed with a small nod, "Yeah...but I know I'm gonna get weird looks since that rumor started. Claire might think I'm cheating on Sean too thanks to Chet's sweatshirt."

"Let her think what she wants. You know the truth and so do I." Maddox smiled as he pulled out of the lot of the grade school. "I'll be by your side today, as always. Instead of you being my shadow, I'll be yours."

I giggled, knowing it was physically impossible for him to stick to me like glue today. We didn't have any classes together this semester. I rolled my eyes with a smile, "Alright, bad boy."

"There's a smile." He grinned proudly.

He pulled into our student parking lot and parked. He turned to me and brushed my hair from my face. His touch was so gentle that I had goosebumps all over my body. My heart pounded so fast and heat rose up to my face. He bent down to my ear and bit my earlobe. A soft moan escaped my lips and a strange sensation blossomed at my gut. "You're beautiful, Butterfly." He whispered.

He kissed down my neck and stopped at the crook of my neck that meets my shoulder. One of his hands rested on my hip and the other stretched my clothes over my shoulder. I moved my head for better access for his mouth and that's when he worked his magic.

Moans escaped me and when he bit down harder than normal, I moaned even louder. He pulled away, admiring his work and slid my clothes back into place before claiming my lips. His hand gripped my hip and the other tangled itself in my long locks as he pulled me as close as the car would let him. I wasn't sure what was going on with me, but I wanted more.

My tongue swiped over his lips and he let me have access to his mouth. Our moans filled the car as we made out and his hand at my hip slid up for a second. He stopped, we pulled apart and looked at each other for a minute. My eyes went downward and I blushed hard, noticing his jeans. "Are you okay?" We asked in unison.

We chuckled and Maddox nodded, "Yeah. Just got a little excited there...sorry about that."

I kissed him on the cheek, "It's okay. I know you didn't mean to. I know how hard it is to control yourself around me sometimes." I bit my lower lip and looked over my glasses.

He growled, "And if you keep this up, I'll have to cool down before we even get inside for first block."

I coughed and he chuckled. He kissed me on the cheek and then kissed me on the hickey he gave me, smiling proudly. "Let's get inside. It's almost seven-fifteen." I gave a sharp nod and we left the car.

We headed to my locker first, since my first class was closer to Maddox's locker. Sean was standing at my locker which I questioned, but he looked worried. He looked down at his shoes and stepped aside. My eyes widened at my locker door and Maddox gripped my hand. The photo was printed and posted all over the halls, but the one on my locker was different. It was embarrassing and it made Maddox pissed. It was of Peter and I sitting at my locker on Wednesday last week. We were talking about how I didn't have a lunch and how I didn't want to ask Maddox for help. There was a caption too, in big red letters that read "She really is a slut. Seeing three guys at once is a whore thing to do."