Chapter thirty eight:

I spared one last glance at him before sending a death glare his way.

"Who are you? Where's Naruto? I'd like to have a 'word' with him." The stranger uttered, truly thinking the male would let him through

"Are you the individual who decided it was a pleasant idea to ransack this apartment?" Gaara asked, rage purely visible all over his face as the sand slowly started creeping out of the Gourd.

"Of course! But I couldn't have done it without my buddies! They were a great help. That demon deserves it for destroying the village and killing the yondaime!" He proudly announced, trying to glance behind the male to see if the one he wished to talk to was there.

"That's.. lovely." And the door slammed right into the man's face, but not before sent his sand eye out to follow him and see where he lives.

He was going to kill him and his so called 'buddies' for doing this to the poor blonde. For all he knew, he didn't even do anything to them. He knew that he had a biju sealed inside of him, but has he ever hurt anyone? Has he ever even so much as tried to hurt someone? No. He just takes the beating and hate from the villagers without fighting back. They should be greatful that he hasn't unleashed the beast within him again. After all, he probably knows how to borrow the biju's chakra, which made it an easy feat for him to just go Rouge and slaughter off the whole village.

But he didn't. He remained the bubbly little boy everyone thought of as the annoying, useless kid. But they don't know know true face. Gaara had somewhat of an idea. After all, he knows the fate a biju holder holds only too well, as he's a jinchuriki himself. He turned around to Naruto, watching him as he silently turned back to the food, waiting for Gaara to sit back down.

The red head did as much, settling opposite the blonde and reaching out for his hands, which the other placed onto the table. "Itadakimasu." It was somewhat silent, but still held its purpose as both began eating. The ichibi's jinchuriki looked up to see the kyuubi's jinchuriki slowly gaining back the cheerful personality as he ate.

"This food is delicious! You're an amazing cook Gaara!" He complimented, already feeling more like his true self. "Ok, after we eat, I will help you with your biju, I promise." He remembered and voiced it aloud, to which the red head also remembered something. "Ah, about that. I wanted to offer you my gratitude for letting me stay, and for helping me fall asleep when I already deemed it impossible and was giving up hope. I hadn't slept for at least a decade now." He explained, making the blonde blush at a sudden realization. He let the man sleep next to him in his bed.

"N-n-n-no p-po-problem!" He stuttered out, slamming both his hands to his face at how he just embarrassed himself. He doesn't stutter. And it was so odd to him that he actually did. He really didn't like the influence the male's surrounding him had on him, but he couldn't help it. He still managed to like them, despite hating them for whatever reason.

The still flustered male finished the breakfast and quickly got up, getting his plate and placing it into the sink before rushing to his room. "Come here when you're finished." He managed to squeak out, still hiding his face between his hands. Gaara, not needing to be told twice, gobbled up the left-over food, placing his place into the sink aswell before rushing after the blonde.

Once inside, he saw that there were a few scrolls lying open on the floor, one with very intricate lettering and engravement sitting atop his lap. "Get on the bed." He commanded, to which the ichibi's jinchuriki complied, climbing onto it and laying down.

He heard the blonde starting to recite some cryptid sounding words, suddenly feeling uneasy at the odd sound. He was even more unnerved when the male's voice stared to drop a few octaves deeper, making him sound like some sort of demon. He was about to get off the bed and stop him, but felt he couldn't move. It was then that panic set in. He started trying to thrash about and scream, but his voice wouldn't obey him. Even his sand wasn't helping him.

All the struggles, to no avail. That's when everything turned bkakc for him. Once he awoke again, he looked around, noticing a humongous, torii colored cage with a seal in the front. He tried calling out, almost surprised as eh heard a low 'hello?' Escape hsi lips. He realized he was in his mindscape. He had been dragged here before multiple times by the demon. After all, it never let him do anything and always threatened to try and take over his body.

He got closer when he recieved no answer, now reaching out a hand, only only pull it back as a claw came rushing down. He managed to swiftly avoid being attacked, looking at the ichibi. "What's got you so agitated?" He asked the creature, to which he only recieved a deep chuckle and a: "I thought it was obvious."

"Clearly, it's not. So mind telling me the reason why you're so infuriated with me?" The demon seemed to be in thought for a while, before ultimately shrugging its shoulders.

"I don't really know. Must u have a reason to kill people? Must k have a reason to hate them?" The demon asked, to which it also recieved nk answer.

That's when another figure appeared next to Gaara. "Hello there Gaara." The blonde voiced his arrival, looking towards the demon. "Long tome no see, Shukaku." A different demon from across the vast space answered.

"Kurama?" The other asked, moving closer to the cage as it wrapped its talons around the bars. "What are you doing here? How did you and this kid get into my jinchuriki's mindscape? And why are you even here in the first place?" The demon asked, starting to get annoyed.

"We're here because we want you to get along with your jinchuriki and not try to possess him the moment you get a chance to." The blonde calmly uttered, earning a nodd from the big fox.

"What-?!"