Chapter thirty four:

The two separated, and just as they were about to dive in for another hot makeout, they were shooed out by the shopowner, who had other guests to attend to.

The two apologized and continued their walk to ichiraku's, now holding hands as they both were beet red in the face. Kiba had initially planned to try that when the blonde finished eating, but turns out fate was in a rush. He didn't mind it though, since he got what he wanted much earlier.

Naruto was a blushing mess, but held onto the dog-nin's hand proudly. Kiba was in a similar state, only that he was much better at showing his pride then the blonde. After all, they were on a date, and they were headed to the jinchuriki's favourite place to eat. Ichiraku's, the only true restaurant to attend when you're in need of a fresh Ramen supplement. After all, it holds tons of nutrients and it was so flavourful, that even the orange nin didn't mind eating the vegetables included in the dish. And that means something, since he usually refused to eat anything healthy at all.

The two dipped their heads a little, moving the cloth that spelled out the shop's name aside as they entered. Sir Teuchi was already waiting for the two, smiling at them. "The usual, I suppose?" He asked them as they sat down, to which both males nodded. Kiba had been to the ichiraku's before, since he wanted to find out why Naruto was so attached to the place. Not only did he find a new favorite restaurant, besides yakiniku q, but he also got to learn more about Naruto, since Teuchi's daughter Ayame couldn't stop talking about how cute he was as a child.

Kiba didn't mind however, listening to every word the woman mentioned. She even, at one point, mentioned how cute a couple the two would make. The brunette blushed, snapping out of his thoughts when their bowls arrived. There was a bowl full of roasted meat down on the floor for the dog, while the two males slurred their noodles happily.

However, the joy didn't last quite as long as they hoped, as Sasuke, with Kakashi in tow, arrived and sat down near the two. Kiba was surprised that they seemed to not have noticed them, but one look at sasuke, and he had his answer. Both newly arrived boys were admiring the blonde and his sloppy eating. Kiba took a look at his half empty bowl, then to Naruto's.

Both were nearly finished, so Kiba decided on a little contest. "Hey Naru, how about we order another round and do a contest on who can finish their food the fastest. The lower pays!" He announced, glaring at the other two boys, who made their presence known.

"Mind if we join?" The asked simultaneously, both looking at their sunshine with a smile.

Naruto's head snapped up almost immediately at the voices and he looked at them."S-since when were you guys here?!-"

"I'd like to join aswell." A deep, husky voice bellowed out. Naruto looked towards it, and his shock only grew more. 'The chunin exams haven't started yet, have they-?! How could a sand nin be here?' He stared at the red-head with a mark on his forehead for a while longer, before accepting the challenge. He had to look away, since he felt an ominous presence in the man's chakra, much like himself. He was going to ask him about it, and maybe even get his name. But for now, he will stick to the challenge and try to ignore the ridiculously hit insomniac.

"Ok, you and the mystery person, I'm ready to battle. But what's the prize? I know that the loser will have to pay, but what's the positive aspect to it? What will the winner recieve?" The blonde asked, looking to Kiba who started the challenge.

"The winner shall get a night out with you." The red-head proposed, looking at the blonde. Naruto flushed a deep red. 'What was it with all these people wanting to date me all of a sudden-?! And why is it only men-?!' After a small breakdown, the blonde calmed himself down and looked towards the sand nin, then to the other's.

"Is everyone OK with that?" The question followed in a nervous manner, to which all males surrounding the jinchuriki smiled.

"Teuchi-san! We've got a challenge set up, mind making the dishes all at the same time and being the judge?" He asked, to which the older male smiled, nodding.

He told his daughter Ayame to help him prepare the dishes faster. The girl happily worked on them, already having overheard what they were fighting over. Once the foods were ready, they were placed before all 5 boys, the older male deducting the challenge to start.

Once everyone had their bowls of Ramen before them, they were allowed to place the hashi beside their bowls, not yet broken appart.

Soon, all males were staring at one another, feeling the tension fill the air surrounding them. Kiba felt a turmoil of emotions, determined to win, but also kind of wanting to let the blonde win. The man placed both his hands flat atop the counter, making sure they were at either side of the bowl. Everyone followed suit, getting into their positions. For extra record, Ayame put on a timer, wanting to know just how fast their best customer could gobble up his food.

"Alright everyone. On your marks, get set...!" Everyone was getting nervous, awaiting the big signal that would let them begin. All except for Naryto were nervous. After After, the man was about as confident in his skills as one could be. Plus, his soulmate was literally Ramen, there is no way he couldn't beat this contest.

"Go!"