Epilogue

Dani waved goodbye to Casey, the nineteen year old girl waving back before getting into her beat up car and driving off, leaving Dani to close up the parlor by herself. She had keys in one hand and her handbag in the other, shutting the door and locking it behind her. It was only five o'clock but she was finishing up early so that she could pick up the boys from school.

"Oh shit." She cursed under her breath as her phone started to ring and she dropped her keys. "Hello?"

"Hey hun, you're still coming tomorrow right?" Lorelai's voice rang through the phone.

"Yep." Dani said, locking the door and dropping the keys in her bag.

"Hey Dan!" Rory greeted, obviously with their mom.

"Hey Ror, when did you get back?" Dani asked, scuffing about the pavement.

"Just a minute ago, I wanted to hear your voice."

Dani laughed, "How sweet. I'm just locking up and then going to get the boys. They stayed for soccer club."

"How was work?" Lorelai asked. Dani smiled, looking up at her shop where she was stood. It was old fashioned, with deep windows with velvet seats and an awning over it, the sign hanging over the pavement, the words 'Ink and Stars' in deep blue cursive. There had been changes made of course, the awning was now black and gold striped, the shop itself painted dark blue. The interior was hectic, with photos and paintings on the walls, one for tattoo inspiration for the customers and the other was mostly art from the same local artists that were featured at the publishing house. There were two tattoo stations at the front and a piercing one at the back. The counter was old, heavy oak that had been painted blue and covered in hand-painted stars, courtesy of the boys.

"Fine, I finished that lady's sleeve of flowers. You know the one with the scars?" Dani said, starting to walk down the street to the school.

"Yeah. She like it?" Lorelai asked. Dani specialized in tattoos for people with scars or marks they wanted covering up, but was happy to do whatever.

"Yeah in the end." Dani nodded, crossing the street. "Right, I'm nearly at the school now, so I'll see you tomorrow yeah?"

"And the boys are coming right?" Rory asked, eager to see her nephews.

"Of course." Dani laughed, knowing both her sister and her mom were more excited to see her children than they were to see her. "Alright. Bye, love you both, see you." She hung up as she reached the gates, a group of moms and dads already chatting in a group. She smiled politely but stood away from them, knowing that the conversation would still if she tried to join in. Maybe it was her attitude, or they way her sons acted wilder than their's, or the tattoo parlor, or maybe they just didn't like her but they didn't like her. It was only a few moments before the boys rushed out of the school, a chaotic jumble of bookbags and glittery art projects and muddy knees. Chris reached her first but was soon followed by Riley and they both hugged her tight, chattering at a hundred miles an hour at her.

Christopher Luke Mariano was a surprise. Dani was not expecting to be pregnant just after the tattoo parlor had been open for only a few months, but it was what it was and her and Jess worked hard for the apartment they now rented. Chris was born in that apartment in the middle of the night, with the only person there beside Jess and Dani was the landlord, a tall man with bushy eyebrows and a cockney accent. Riley Fredrick Mariano was born two years later, and he was planned. Jess and Dani decided Chris needed a little brother and why wouldn't they add one more person to the chaos? He was also born in the apartment, but unfortunately the landlord was on holiday and so wasn't there to witness it.

The family of four were happy. They had a roof over their heads and Jess was having the time of his life at the publishing company. The boys were energetic and healthy and loving, having the best time ever at school, playing soccer and painting. Dani was happy, for once she didn't want to run away, and if she did, it would be home. To either Jess and their sons, or to her mom and her sister. She had a home and a family. Tammy was godmother and Freddie was favourite uncle, visiting often. Luke was obsessed with the boys and Rory and Lorelai were no better. They sometimes spoke to Emily over the phone, and she had met both of her great-grandchildren many times. Dani didn't speak to her dad much, but he sent gifts for the boys at Christmas and birthdays.

She wasn't Dani Hayden, the crazy drunk teenager who ran away anymore. She was Dani Mariano, and she was happy.

***

Hi.

I want to first of all, thank all of you who have read, voted and commented on Blue Jean Girl. It has been amazing to write, and to read your comments as well as watch it go from just an idea to this. I have wanted to do an epilogue for a long time, because let's face it, the ending left a lot open. I hope you like the sneak peek into Dani and Jess' future and I look forward to reading your reactions.

I have loved Blue Jean Girl, but I also really want to write another book based on Gilmore Girls so comment any ideas, love interests, anything!

Thank you so much everybody,

Enjoy ;)